So very excited, I just have to share.

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Yesterday I had an appointment with my adviser at school (Northern Michigan University) and I told him I thought I might be ready to declare my major, but I was a little afraid in case I decided say a semester or two down the road it's not what I wanted to do, and so we talked, and he reassured me that if I stuck to a plan we had come up with I wouldn't be so far into these classes that it would be a set back if I later decided, but since I was 99.9 percent sure, that it would be best to get me declared and set up with an adviser in the field I'm entering. So I did it. I declared my major :D
I was so nervous and excited that I was shaking lol
It's taken me many years to finally settle on what I want to go to school for (I'm 28, going on 29 in June lol) So it was a big step lol
I am proud to say that I am now a Criminal Justice major. I am no longer undeclared And it feels great lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's great, congratulations to you!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Congrats! How much longer will it be until you graduate? And will you work in the CSI type labs when you have as a detective, or work in the court system?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh wow i know that must feel good. awsome. yea so what kinda work will you do?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Excellent step.... Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Congratulations ... my son was going to college to get his BS in Criminal Justice, but half way through put it on hold and joined the U.S. Marine Corp.

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Thanks guys.
It was a big step for me lol
I'm thinking something along the lines of loss prevention. I would love to be a police officer, but my health keeps me from being able to run, so I wont be able to graduate police school lol But I know I want to be able to help people, and the law and forensics facinate me. I originally wanted to be a forensics psychologist, but there are only like 5 of them in the world, and you have to be a law officer first lol

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
sounds like a very interesting and good field to get into. Congrats on the decision

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Being a full time college student myself I can understand your excitement! Congrats and good luck with your schooling!

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Thanks everyone. Im just waiting to hear who my new advisor will be so I can go talk to them about what sort of career I would be best suited for =)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Congratulations! I'm also a full time college student and declaring a major is hard! I was originally an Elementary Education major but had to recently switch to History due to not passing my Education License test on time before the new semester. This just means I now have to go right to grad school in a year! It can be stressful but once you figure it out its a huge weight off your shoulder! Again, congrats! :)

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
It is.
Didn't help that I'm older than most of the other students. Felt like added pressure. I feel so much better having a direction in life now.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Yesterday I had an appointment with my adviser at school (Northern Michigan University) and I told him I thought I might be ready to declare my major, but I was a little afraid in case I decided say a semester or two down the road it's not what I wanted to do, and so we talked, and he reassured me that if I stuck to a plan we had come up with I wouldn't be so far into these classes that it would be a set back if I later decided, but since I was 99.9 percent sure, that it would be best to get me declared and set up with an adviser in the field I'm entering. So I did it. I declared my major :D
I was so nervous and excited that I was shaking lol
It's taken me many years to finally settle on what I want to go to school for (I'm 28, going on 29 in June lol) So it was a big step lol
I am proud to say that I am now a Criminal Justice major. I am no longer undeclared And it feels great lol

So exciting! :goodjob:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.