Hydroponics Anyone

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Does anyone here Grow hyrdoponics?

I have done peppers last season, and this year I an doing peppers some some sort of berry (Strawberry or blueberry)

I was just wondering if anyone else does this.

:D

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
I haven't--tell me more!!!

I have 3 systems that I built. I is a deep water culture that I used for peppers. that worked out great. This year I am going to use that for blueberries and I have a NFT system that I am going to do peppers in. I need 1 more part for my Ebb and FLow system. that I want to grow strawberries in
I will put up pictures of them this weekend.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I do hydroponics!

I use dwc for my phal orchids and ebb and flow for leaf lettuce. That's about it though. I tried the aeroponic one for tomatoes (I got the aeroponic bucket from some college kid who was trying to grow marijuana in his dorm room!) but it just got too unwieldy - the tomatoes grew too tall for the space I had it in...

I tried to do compost tea for nutrients on my leaf lettuce and ended up killing them (uhm, I'm like the least green thumb person on the planet).

My kid tried to do the window one with leaf lettuce (put the lettuce in 1-liter soda bottles, hang them on a string on the window and use the air bubbler to pump water up the system) for his science experiment and he did really well with it. Took it to school and I never saw it again. Probably ended up in the trash.

So, yes, we've been really terrible at maintaining our stuff. By the way, the aeroponic system I was talking about had this really awesome light system so we grew the tomatoes in a closet!

Last edited:
OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
I do hydroponics!

I use dwc for my phal orchids and ebb and flow for leaf lettuce. That's about it though. I tried the aeroponic one for tomatoes (I got the aeroponic bucket from some college kid who was trying to grow marijuana in his dorm room!) but it just got too unwieldy - the tomatoes grew too tall for the space I had it in...

I tried to do compost tea for nutrients on my leaf lettuce and ended up killing them (uhm, I'm like the least green thumb person on the planet).

My kid tried to do the window one with leaf lettuce (put the lettuce in 1-liter soda bottles, hang them on a string on the window and use the air bubbler to pump water up the system) for his science experiment and he did really well with it. Took it to school and I never saw it again. Probably ended up in the trash.

So, yes, we've been really terrible at maintaining our stuff. By the way, the aeroponic system I was talking about had this really awesome light system so we grew the tomatoes in a closet!

Thats awesome. I have not tried aeroponics, looks like alot of work to build one. peppers in the DWC did AWESOME. I had so many habanero peppers from one plant I had to pull it, cuase it was a waste. This year, I am gonna do jalapenos and habaneros, in the NFT. I wanted to to try berries, something different.

What kind of light did you use? I have the all the parts to build my LED light, but its alot of soldering and I havent had the time to build it yet.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not me but my grampa sure had a huge tomato garden grown this way. I should do indoor tomatoes cuz I hate that tomato worm I get outside. Nasty.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Thats awesome. I have not tried aeroponics, looks like alot of work to build one. peppers in the DWC did AWESOME. I had so many habanero peppers from one plant I had to pull it, cuase it was a waste. This year, I am gonna do jalapenos and habaneros, in the NFT. I wanted to to try berries, something different.

What kind of light did you use? I have the all the parts to build my LED light, but its alot of soldering and I havent had the time to build it yet.

It came with both a metal halide and a high pressure sodium light. One light is for growing, the other one is for flowering. It came with this mega ballast (heavy as heck!) and a reflector hood that you can hang off the ceiling or put on stands. According to the dude, the light system was twice more expensive than the aeroponic bucket. So, we used the metal halide to grow the tomatoes and then switched to the HPS to flower.

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
It came with both a metal halide and a high pressure sodium light. One light is for growing, the other one is for flowering. It came with this mega ballast (heavy as heck!) and a reflector hood that you can hang off the ceiling or put on stands. According to the dude, the light system was twice more expensive than the aeroponic bucket. So, we used the metal halide to grow the tomatoes and then switched to the HPS to flower.

Those are good lights. They can eat some electricity tho..

I thought this was for growing sumpin else!!! :whistle:

Naw, sumpins else can get you in trouble.. I gots no need to the DEA or CPS to be coming and knocking on my door....:2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.