• Total voters

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Okay, I fess up. I love getting gifts better than giving. I announce my birthday to my family and co-workers with a countdown a month before. BTW my birthday is Arpil 5th, lol

So how about you guys. Do you like getting or receiving gifts?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Giving. But only because I'm super picky and don't usually like what I receive. :ashamed:

Oh, and my hubby Chris, his B-day is April 3rd. Will never forget yours now. :tongue:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm a giver, always have been. I truly makes me feel good inside when something, doesn't matter what it is, makes someone smile or warms their heart.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I gotta say I enjoy giving gifts way more than receiving! I hate being the center of attention and opening presents!! I love the feeling of shopping for someone and making them happy when they receive the present. Too bad for me my birthday is tomorrow (March 13)!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Certainly a giver, nothing makes me more happy than watching my kids or friends open gifts. I can hardly wait I get ants in my pants!!!

When I get one I am usually quite in awe of the whole thing! I have been very blessed to have gotten some of the best gifts EVER, like my Steven Sullivan painting and a box of socks. Luckiest girl in the world I tell ya!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I like to give! In fact, I'd like to give you a bully gift, I just have to remember how I did it the last (and first! LOL) time. In fact, my bday is tomorrow, I won't forget yours now. Now we need to know, what are your favorite types of gifts to receive?

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2488]babybully[/MENTION]. Both of your birthdays are tomm. How funny I posted this today.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Well, I like receiving if it's not any of the special occasions like Bday, Christmas, Mother"s Day, etc. I like the feeling that somebody thought of me. I mean, it can be a pebble on the road wrapped in newspaper as long as it was given because they thought of me. During special occasions, it doesn't feel the same because in the back of my mind I start to wonder if I got the gift just because they feel obligated to give me something.

On Bdays, Christmas, etc., I like giving better than receiving because it gives me a chance to really think about who I'm giving the gift to and how blessed I am to have known them.

now, the trick is to get the bullys trained to wrap the presents...

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I like to give better, mainly because I hate to be the center of attention and I am very VERY uncomfortable when everyone is looking at me!!! but I am always grateful for gifts that someone has given me, it seriously makes my heart dance!!!

L

Lucy-licious

giving ...i get quite embarrassed when people get me gifts

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, I like receiving if it's not any of the special occasions like Bday, Christmas, Mother"s Day, etc. I like the feeling that somebody thought of me. I mean, it can be a pebble on the road wrapped in newspaper as long as it was given because they thought of me. During special occasions, it doesn't feel the same because in the back of my mind I start to wonder if I got the gift just because they feel obligated to give me something.

On Bdays, Christmas, etc., I like giving better than receiving because it gives me a chance to really think about who I'm giving the gift to and how blessed I am to have known them.

now, the trick is to get the bullys trained to wrap the presents...

You said that perfectly. That is my sentiments exactly. I love that someone thought of me but I enjoy giving as well

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
I prefer to give, I love the feeling of finding something for someone and giving it to them. when they are happy to get it, it makes me feel good.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Omg you r funny! I personally LOVE giving a good gift to someone and actually RARELY can wait till Xmas or bdays for hubby's gift. He always gets it early cuz I am excited. BUT that is not to say I don't LOVE getting gifts too. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.