Non traditional hair color anyone?

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
So tomorrow at noon I'm going to get some random colors dyed into my hair. Blue, green, and or Purple lol I was just wondering if any one else here had some crazy colored hair?
I'm also hopefully making an appointment for my next tattoo. Wish me luck =)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
nope i'm too old for that...maybe if I were in the fashion or music industry but not acceptable in my field of work.
I have 2 teens and my daughter has been asking to color her hair but I've said no because I'd rather she keep her hair healthy.
It's long and beautiful right now and I encourage her to keep it that way...color and processing can be really damaging and then you end up with hair that looks like straw.

Good luck!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
There's a few here that have non traditional colors or will be. :) [MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] Possible [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] too.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I always go for the reds but thats just me .... why don't you do scarlet ...hot orange ... and maybe a blonde??

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not me.... I have had burgundy lowlights in my hair as my craziest color. :lol: I love color on others but doesn't suit me so much. My cousin ad blue peek a boos that I loved! Wish I could pull that off.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I had fire engine red highlights in my hair once n it looked awesome against my natural hair color (I guess it's dark brown lol) but the problem with reds n dark hair is they fade wicked quick!!!!! It was permanent hair color n was gone within a month and a half :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I haven't but I always wished I had the balls to do it, I had a friend in high school and she had blonde on the top and hot pink or electric blue underneath, it was SOOO cute!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Oh I sure havr. Good luck im sure it will turn out great. Do yourself a favor and buy a sulfate free shampoo. Saves big time on color loss. Also dont wash your hair for a day or two. Actually try to was as little as possible. Dont use white towels sheets or pillow cases. They will turn colors. Ps be prepared for lots of maintenance.blue fades more quickly than any other color I've seen

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
nope me carpet matches my drapes, lol:evil:. actually i have red with tons of chunky multicolored highlights. i am lovin the new way to wear colors like blue and red. send pix

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] well even iif it doesn't cover your, ahmm friend's grey it sure would detract attention from it.

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I got purple and indigo. It only shows in the light, like just a hint. I love it. I might try to take some pics, but I don't think it would show lol One lady was 50, and she was getting dark red streaks put in. She was really funny lol And the woman that runs the place reminds me of Tia from Pit bulls and Parolees, in a good way lol
I bought some color safe Shampoo too.
Years ago when I was blond I wanted pink in my hair, and every where I called laughed at me, so I bought some walmart stuff, Permanent, and it was faded with in the week.

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@PsycoPixie unfortunately not all color safe shampoos are created equal. I had unnatural colored hair for years and spent tons of money and googling time figuring this out. If it has sulfates in it you are literally washing money dowb the drain "color safe" often times just means it has sunscreen in it to protect the sun from fading it. Hopefully what you have will work well. I want to see it!! Fyi loreal makes a relatively cheap sulfate free shampoo that last time I checked you could get at Walmart.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online