Is it too early to talk about the GARDEN?

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Plants do not kill plants.... plant abusers kill plants!!! ..... quote: Aristotle. or me ;)

Guilty as charged. :blink: But will I learn my lesson this year? THAT remains to be seen. (I never do)

You'll be delighted to know, Bruce, that Slug Assassination Season has BEGUN already. Yesterday morning for the very first time this season, I went out in my assassin gear (bathrobe, cigarette, bucket, right hand only glove, flashlight, bottle of Deadline) and managed to pick off TWO of the slimy encroachers! Sure, they were teeny tiny babies but these cute miniature slugs do eventually grow to be the big dog turd size devourers of all things precious. I know the rest of them are just waiting somewhere (secret slug gang hideout?) to attack the hosta crowns and the tender first leaves of my big purple Lupin the second they break the soil.

I AM ON IT!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Wow... we dont have anything like turd sized slugs here. Our slugs are small, about the size of s cigarette ash just before it falls in your lap small. They still are quite capable of eating the hosts though. Lari has some toxic, nuclear waste she pour on them. Gives a nice glow to that side of the house. ;)

Members online

No members online now.