Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I will admit I've been a bit depressed since my son left for boot camp, I hadn't heard from him and my spirits where really low ... but now things are looking up and I'm feeling better :)

First Good News:
I got a letter from my son, I've read it at least 100 times! He is doing good, he admitted it is rougher then he thought it would be. He said the physical part isn't the hard part, it is the mind games that has him completely drained. He said his platoon has a good chance to win the first drill competition and if they do their Sr. Drill Instructor is going to buy them pizza and let them watch a movie. He also promised to write again soon .. I can not even begin to tell everyone how proud I am of my son, he is the most amazing young man and I love him more than anything!

Second Good News:
I am finally back to work, it's not a pharmacy technician job but at least I am back to work and this job will hold me over until I can get back into a pharmacy position. I've been off work for way too long and it feels good to say "I have to go to work" plus it is a fun type job, it doesn't pay what a pharmacy technician job would but it's work! I am working a local hotel as a front desk clerk and the job is maybe 3 minutes from my house so won't take a lot of gas to and from work LOL I'm still of course putting my applications out to the pharmacies and will hopefully get into one soon (keeping my fingers crossed).

Third & last Good News:
I had mentioned before that the house I am renting right now was going into foreclosure, well my landlady called me and let me know the bank is working with her and if I plan to stay in the house as a long term renter she will do everything they ask to keep the house ... I of course love the little house I'm in and do not want to move so looks like she is working with the bank, they are working with her and I get to stay in my home!!!

Life is definitely looking up and I am ever so thankful!!!

Oh wait, no post would be complete with out saying Diesel, Molly, Ally are happy, healthy and doing excellent & Rita is getting healthier every day, she even gets all her stitches out tomorrow :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah, I'm am so happy for you Hun , they say everything comes in 3s and you definetely got good luck times 3. Now go out and buy a lottery ticket, because you definetely have horse shoes you know where lol. I'm glad things are looking up, you deserve it, and I'm happy your son is doing okay. You definetely should be proud of him. Boot camp is both physical and mentally challenging, but also rewarding, he will be nice and fit when he is done. I'm also glad you got a job, which will get you out of the house and meeting people, sometimes having a place to go and a purpose every day and people to talk to can really make a difference in your life. And the best news is you don't have to move from your house or worry about where you'll live with your dogs, that is really good news, and I'm so happy for you. I'm also glad to hear Rita is healing and recovering From her surgery, and I bet she will feel better when the stitches come out tomorrow, at least she won't have to wear the cone any more and she will continue to heal and thrive. God bless you Hun, and I wish you continued good luck and happiness. Hugs and prayers for you and your whole gang. Take care

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
This is Great News for sure !!! So happy all these good things can make you smile, helps you live longer :2thumbs:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
So happy to hear things are looking better for you! May the blessings continue, always. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Nice to see the good news!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What great news for you.... tell your son hello from your bully family!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So glad things are looking up! You were quiet there for a while, I was worried! Your son sounds like a wonderful man and I am so glad you get to stay in your house! The new job will keep you busy and get you out of the house. All this happened in perfect timing!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Congratulations on the good news x 3! As much as I can sometimes dislike going to work, it's much better than being unemployed. Kudos to your son for serving our country. I know you are so proud of him!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is great! When it rains it pours and I guess the opposite is true as well. Glad everything is looking up for you!

Most Reactions