Chilean Miner Rescue

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
So nice to be watching the news and see so much coverage of a positive story! I had tears in my eyes watching the coverage on the today show this morning!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes we were watching it before bed last night and it was amazing to see them come up 1 by 1. Hoping all the rest come out just as smoothly as the first have so far.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
It wasn't the scene I was expecting though... I had envisioned these dirty Grizzly Adam looking characters being pulled out, but instead these guys looked bathed and clean shaven. And then the Doctor who went down the tube had his Twitter leaked... he said he discovered numerous empty kegs, a pile of poker chips, cigar stubbies and the complete "Girls Gone Wild" collection. Hmmm :whistle:

OK seriously, it is a feel good story and it is wonderful to see the happy ending story unfold for all these families.... this story really could have gone in a horrifically different direction.

Cheers for Chileans!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How did they get kegs down there?!?!!? lmao. I was wondering the same about being so clean shaven and all. They must have had a lot of stuff sent down to them or they were really prepared.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
ya they were able to communicate to families through letters once they were found... and they've been sending food and drinks down to them too. a co worker said she heard that before it collapsed the guys had put a snack bar in the mine so they wouldnt have to go back and forth, not sure if they were trapped by the snack bar or somewhere else... o and i love how appreciative they were and had the tx flag everywhere, makes me feel good that im from TX!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.