The Biker's Code

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I am a Biker. Not a Sport bike biker (which is cool, but not for me), but a Harley riding, leather wearing, hairy, ride everyday, rain, snow, sun, and sleet Biker. I'm not a weekend rider. I know we have a certain reputation that Hollywood and the 1%'ers (clubs like the Hells Angels etc) have cast upon the rest of us. This is not what Bikers believe in. We like to have fun, and it usually gets a little rowdy. But we always try to respect those around us. We love our freedom, but know when it infringes upon the freedoms of others. We stand up for each other, and are always there to help ANYONE (not just Bikers) who needs a hand. We are a family. Good or bad. We're in it for the long haul. I thought I would share with you every now and again what our actual code is. If you have any questions about Bikers or Motorcycles in general, just ask. :)

‎"The Bikers Code" reads - Bikers know his or her word is their bond. Your word is all you have in life that is truly yours. Guard it carefully and be something noble, for you are privileged to a member of a family that will stand shoulder to shoulder with you, through all hardships and struggles… do not disrespect that honor.

Last edited:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=7909]PapaSmurf2[/MENTION] good morning. Thank you for the post. This should be all our creed and not just to the biker coulture. We do have a tough job in front of us to educate the public of what a biker is truly about.
In general , Bikers are one of the most trusting souls you can come across..

Except for [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] ... If you see her, leave your bike there and run the other way....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@PapaSmurf2 good morning. Thank you for the post. This should be all our creed and not just to the biker coulture. We do have a tough job in front of us to educate the public of what a biker is truly about.
In general , Bikers are one of the most trusting souls you can come across..

Except for @JAKEISGREAT ... If you see her, leave your bike there and run the other way....

YOU....YOU......are besmirching my hard fought for, fine, upstanding and sterling reputation! For this there will be trouble. Yup....trouble...

​Later..after I've had my coffee.... :bitchslap:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
YOU....YOU......are besmirching my hard fought for, fine, upstanding and sterling reputation! For this there will be trouble. Yup....trouble...

​Later..after I've had my coffee.... :bitchslap:

ok ... i had to google a few of those words...... cant we keep the fighting to simple jabs & left hooks and leave all the lawyer talk out of it. :cursing:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Hi Biker dude! It's almost Bike Week in Daytona!

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] I know....sadly I'm going to miss Daytona this year. I'm headed up to DC that week. The Westboro Baptist idiots are holding a protest at Arlington. The Patriot Guard is headed up there to try to keep them quiet.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
"The Code" reads - Bikers learned early to only trust when proven, that love is not to be abused, and to never talk down to the needy, respect both rich and poor alike, never show weakness, and to stand their ground… bikers understand more than most that life is short so they live it hard, and they keep their loved ones in sight.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
WHAT IS THE BIKERS CODE?
“It is a code of trust
and respect that is earned
by a biker’s actions...
the code is not a book of
do’s and don’t’s...
heck it ain’t a book at all...
it’s a way of life, a living thing,
it lives in your heart,
and flows within your veins."

"The Bikers Code...

"What goes around, comes around"… never forget that, and never forget it works in both directions."

"THE BIKERS CODE" -Author unknown-

It used to be that all bikers shared a common bond, an unspoken code of respect, ethics, and integrity that transcended words and was built on actions.
There was never a bible written on “The Bikers Code” and there was no need for such. But the times are a-changin', and there seems to be a lot of new riders out there. These days the riders you see cruisin' or blastin’ down the road are just as likely to be clad in shorts and sneakers as jeans and engineer boots. And the roughest, toughest-looking biker you pull up next to could be your doctor or lawyer and may be wearin’ a Rolex or pink Cartier watch under his or her leathers. There's nothing wrong with that, so long as these new riders learn “The Code” just as we old-timers did.
Being a biker used to be about using your creativity to take a basket case old hawg and using only grit and ingenuity, turning it into a one-of-a-kind eye dazzler, then risking your life on the asphalt on a bike you built yourself out of pride. You wrenched your own bike, ‘cause no one else was gonna do it for ya.
Bikers wore leather and grease because they knew cagers would just as soon run them down as look at them, so they had to be intimidating. We were a breed unto ourselves with no union, no support group, and in many cases no family (they threw us out), other than one another we had no one, and when we called a man brother we meant it. We made it in a world of our own, against all rules, mainstream society, and against all odds. We survived and prospered because we had a code, the bikers code, and we never took disrespect from anybody.
As an “old scooter bro” once said, "It's every tramp's job to school the young, and teach‘em to never disrespect the brotherhood/sisterhood, or they’ll never live long enuff to figure out how to change the oil on their brand new motorcycle”

Last edited:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
@anatess I know....sadly I'm going to miss Daytona this year. I'm headed up to DC that week. The Westboro Baptist idiots are holding a protest at Arlington. The Patriot Guard is headed up there to try to keep them quiet.

Oh gosh - who are they protesting now? You know, I have to say, I am super impressed with the bikers volunteering their time and money to help those who are grieving get some peace. I know how expensive gas is these days. We had a Catholic priest who died close to where I live and the Patriot Guard truly made the funeral a very solemn/special experience with their line of flags. We didn't even see the WBC posters until the entourage has moved on.

Okay, so, the biker's code - does that just apply to the Harley-types? Because, last year, I was driving down I-4 at 2AM and I almost fell off the freeway because these crotch-rockets zoomed on both my left and right and criss-crossed right infront of me. There were at least 10 of them racing down the freeway at break-neck speed some criss-crossing infront of me with not much room to spare. This was a week or so before Bike Week too when the big rigs from Daytona 500 were still on the roads.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Every group has bad apples. I'm not a "Harley or nothing" guy. It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride. The Code is old school. Almost all of your Bikers who have been riding more than a couple of months will follow the Code, although the riders you're talking about don't have respect for other people. We call them "squids".....

Stupid
Quick
Underdressed
Imminently
Dead

and they ride sport bikes as well as Cruisers. It's a shame, but I've been to many funerals where the rider didn't respect the lifestyle.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So, you mean Sons of Anarchy is NOT real??? I never watched an episode and I never plan too.... but the commercials and from the chatter by my sisters, it is a pretty brutal show.

Anyway, I know a lot of bikers, and not a one of them fit the Hollywood mold... but then again does anything? thank you for posting the creed.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I just sold my bike as we are preparing our move to Maryland, and I do feel the void, as if there is something missing from my life... and I'm not even a hardcore rider, pretty much taking her out for mental therapy runs.

The Street Bob was perfect for Hawaii, but my next bike may be dressed more appropriate to handle longer road trips, adverse weather, cicadas and such... perhaps a side car for Moe?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
sidecar-bully1.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.