The Biker's Code

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Oh oh [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] I have a scooter! ( i don't ride it though that thing scares the crap out of me)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
While we're on the subject of bikes... my husband has been begging for one for a loooooonnngg time. But he's never ridden a bike before except for his dad's POS Enduro and he only rode it around his dad's big property. He got a bike license after passing a training course on an easy rider (can't remember what kind it was). But he can't decide what kind of bike to get - what type and what cc. He wanted a Boulevard after testing it out at the store and then he wanted a Yamaha FZR after testing that out at the store... two totally different bikes. And because we don't know much about bikes he can't decide what he wants... And, of course, all I know is he looks really good in the leather jumpsuit! :D

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
While we're on the subject of bikes... my husband has been begging for one for a loooooonnngg time. But he's never ridden a bike before except for his dad's POS Enduro and he only rode it around his dad's big property. He got a bike license after passing a training course on an easy rider (can't remember what kind it was). But he can't decide what kind of bike to get - what type and what cc. He wanted a Boulevard after testing it out at the store and then he wanted a Yamaha FZR after testing that out at the store... two totally different bikes. And because we don't know much about bikes he can't decide what he wants... And, of course, all I know is he looks really good in the leather jumpsuit! :D

For his first bike, I would recommend something cheap, preferrably scratched and dinged, and not too big... cheap so that he doesn't cry if he drops it, and not too big so that it is nimble enough to be forgiving as he makes the necessary mistakes needed to become comfortable.

Then when he's ready to take the training wheels off, he needs to determine what kind of riding he wants to do...

If he wants the rush of having gobs of power between his legs to take off like a rocket, hugging the curves while listening to the high pitch whining music from the engine, then he is a sportsbike kind of guy... and sport bikes come in a practical variation, to a insurance whopping insane need for speed variation.

If he just wants the free spirit, wind in your face, enjoy the view, slower pace and peaceful zen like experience, then he should look at the cruisers and touring, depending if he plans to ride around town or take long road trips, and the budget comes in play here as well... and then he needs to decide to go Harley Davidson, or one of the others. The Honda's, Yamaha's and Suzuki fans will legitimatly argue that you get more bike for your money vs a Harley, and this is true if you measure a bike's worth by the engine size and capabilities in relation to the cost, but the Harley owners will rightfully argue that riding a Harley provides the experience of feeling that trademark rumble, a tune you can mentally dance to, and character that only a Harley can provide.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Harley provides the experience of feeling that trademark rumble, a tune you can mentally dance to, and character that only a Harley can provide.

That sentence makes me seriously want to learn to ride ... but for the safety of everyone else I will just mentally dance to the rumble!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
For his first bike, I would recommend something cheap, preferrably scratched and dinged, and not too big... cheap so that he doesn't cry if he drops it, and not too big so that it is nimble enough to be forgiving as he makes the necessary mistakes needed to become comfortable.

Then when he's ready to take the training wheels off, he needs to determine what kind of riding he wants to do...

If he wants the rush of having gobs of power between his legs to take off like a rocket, hugging the curves while listening to the high pitch whining music from the engine, then he is a sportsbike kind of guy... and sport bikes come in a practical variation, to a insurance whopping insane need for speed variation.

If he just wants the free spirit, wind in your face, enjoy the view, slower pace and peaceful zen like experience, then he should look at the cruisers and touring, depending if he plans to ride around town or take long road trips, and the budget comes in play here as well... and then he needs to decide to go Harley Davidson, or one of the others. The Honda's, Yamaha's and Suzuki fans will legitimatly argue that you get more bike for your money vs a Harley, and this is true if you measure a bike's worth by the engine size and capabilities in relation to the cost, but the Harley owners will rightfully argue that riding a Harley provides the experience of feeling that trademark rumble, a tune you can mentally dance to, and character that only a Harley can provide.

This has got to be the awesomest answer on EBN... :)

Okay, my husband is the sports car kind of guy. The two kids and I have to squeeze like sardines in his 320hp car...

But then what he really wants the bike for is to go to work and back and take it on a cruise with his bike friends (who have sports bikes). But then his best friend who owns a Harley easy rider type tells him a sports bike is not a good match for my husband's personality because it will get him killed... My husband is a little bit on the reckless side with his car. But, I would think he is intelligent enough to know the risk involved with the difference between 2 wheels and 4.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
First off...my door is ALWAYS open....so come on down and get your drink on....only requirements are to be over 21 and must have Bulldog for entry. Second first bike should be something like a 750 Honda shadow or something like that. Used and bruised.....anyone that rides a bike WILL drop it at sometime. Once he rides that for a bit then he can check out other bikes. As far as what type depends on what he plans on doing with it and what's important to him. We ride all over for long periods of time. I need something comfortable that can hold some stuff. I like that cruiser/bagger feeling. Sport bikes have you laid out over the tank. Looks cool but is pretty uncomfortable for anything more than hopping from here to there. The only bike I would suggest he stay away from is the Harley Davidson Sportster. No matter what people say it is NOT an entry level bike. The main thing is that he get what he wants and enjoys the ride.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
"The Bikers Code" reads - Help others. When a brother or sister is broken down by the side of the road, always stop and help them. Even moral support, if that is all you can give, is better than riding on by. And never ride off and leave anyone you rode out with, if they break down you pull over and wait, come hell or high water bikers do not abandon a brother or sister.
Remember life is about the journey, the ride, not getting there. You already are there.
And don't just help bikers; show the world that we are better than our image portrays us. Courtesy costs you nothing and it brings honor and respect to the biker family.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
"The Bikers Code" reads - Old school brother once said “We are all going to die, so try an make sure you die for something worth dyin' for, if you're right, stand your ground.” Life is not a drill. Yeah, this ain't no dress rehearsal so go out and take big bites of it. You've got no time to lose and bikers don't stand around waiting for the party to come to them. You only go around once. Tomorrow you could be road kill, thanks to a cell phone user texting at the wheel of his or her cage. Live life now, make the most of each moment ‘cause as a biker this moment could be the rest of your life.

You are riding your bike at a constant speed. On your left side is a drop-off (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you are. In front of you is a galloping horse which is a size or two larger than your bike and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also traveling at the same speed as you are. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

Answer: Get your drunk *** off the merry-go-round!

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
The full Code

"THE BIKERS CODE"

-Author unknown-

It used to be that all bikers shared a common bond, an unspoken code of respect, ethics, and integrity that transcended words and was built on actions.

There was never a bible written on “The Bikers Code” and there was no need for such.

But the times are a-changin', and there seems to be a lot of new riders out there.

These days the riders you see cruisin' or blastin’ down the road are just as likely to be clad in shorts and sneakers as jeans and engineer boots.

And the roughest, toughest-looking biker you pull up next to could be your doctor or lawyer and may be wearin’ a Rolex or pink Cartier watch under his or her leathers. There's nothing wrong with that, so long as these new riders learn “The Code”
just as we old-timers did.

Being a biker used to be about using your creativity to take a basket case old hawg and using only grit and ingenuity, turning it into a one-of-a-kind eye dazzler, then risking your life on the asphalt on a bike you built yourself out of pride.

You wrenched your own bike, ‘cause no one else was gonna do it for ya.

Bikers wore leather and grease because they knew cagers would just as soon run them down as look at them, so they had to be intimidating.

We were a breed unto ourselves with no union, no support group, and in many cases no family (they threw us out), other than one another we had no one, and when we called a man brother we meant it.

We made it in a world of our own, against all rules, mainstream society, and against all odds.

We survived and prospered because we had a code, the bikers code, and we never took disrespect from anybody.

As an “old scooter bro” once said, "It's every tramp's job to school the young, and teach‘em to never disrespect the brotherhood/sisterhood, or they’ll never live long enuff to figure out how to change the oil on their brand new motorcycle”.

With that in mind, we bring you a primer on the basic bikers code.

----------------------------------------------------

Take heed, brothers and sisters, for our Code is a hallowed one filled with respect, honor, and loyalty, a bond between our brothers and sisters, the likes of which have not been since the days of knighthood:

Don't take any disrespect, be kind to elderly people, women, children and animals, but don't put up with any disrespect.

This is an essential part of being a biker. It has to do with personal honor. Anyone can be a quick-tempered fool...be cool, stand tall and backup what you say with action.

Never cheat, lie, or steal. Another way of saying this is to always be honest with your brothers and sisters.

Bikers know his or her word is their bond. Your word is all you have in life that is truly yours. Guard it carefully and be something noble, for you are a member of a family that will stand shoulder to shoulder with you through all hardships and struggles.

Snitches are the lowest life forms on earth, right up there with bike thieves.

Don't snitch, unless it involves someone harming a child, and then only if you can’t handle it yourself. Otherwise if you see a wrong, fight it yourself, if you are about anything you'll take care of problems yourself, and never feel the need to snitch someone off.

Don't Whine. Absolutely no one likes or respects a whiner, and no one cares to hear it. Another way to say this is “take charge and get on with life”. Still another way to think of it is, "Don't sweat the small stuff" most of life's little inconveniences work themselves out whether you whine or not. Keep your chin up, dammit! You're a biker, not some lowly snail.

Never say die and never give up. Whether it's in a fight, a debate, or a curve too tight, no matter how bad it gets, a biker never shows weakness and a biker never gives up.

Help others. When a brother or sister is broken down by the side of the road, always stop and help them.

Even moral support, if that is all you can give, is better than riding on by.

And never ride off and leave anyone you rode out with, if they break down you pull over and wait, come hell or high water

bikers do not abandon a brother or sister.

Remember life is about the journey, the ride, not getting there. You already are there.

And don't just help bikers; show the world that we are better than our image portrays us. Courtesy costs you nothing and it brings honor and respect to the biker family.

Stick to your guns. Do what you say you'll do, be there when you say you will. This is called integrity.

This also goes back to standing for something. Old school brother once said “We are all going to die, so make sure you die for something worth dyin’ for, if you are right, stand your ground.” Life is not a drill. Yeah, this ain't no dress rehearsal.

This is life, so go out and take big bites of it. You've got no time to lose and bikers don't stand around waiting for the party to come to them.

You only go around once. Tomorrow you could be road kill, thanks to a cell phone user texting at the wheel of his or her cage.

Live life now, make the most of each moment ‘cause as a biker this moment could be the rest of your life.

All right, now let's review. You are a biker, a modern-day knight of the road. Never trust anyone, not even the family, unless proven.

Women and children are not to be abused. Never talk down to the poor, and never suck up to the rich. Protect the weak. Walk tall and stand proud. Your word is your bond. Stick to your guns. Don't put up with disrespect. Life is not a drill, and the code is not about a brand, it’s about the brotherhood and sisterhood.

Now go forth and ride. When in doubt, ride. That's what we do... bikers ride. If you want to ride around in a Day-Glo Hawaiian shirt and sandals, go for it, but if you intend to look like an idiot, at least don't act like an idiot.

These commandments are just a few of the broad strokes of The Bikers Code, there is a lot more to being a biker than buying a bike.

If you just buy a bike, you are a motorcyclist.

Being a biker is a way of life, a proud way of life we hold in high regard with a burning passion for the open highway, and we carry the bikers code within our heart wherever we ride.

Last edited:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
First off...my door is ALWAYS open....so come on down and get your drink on....only requirements are to be over 21 and must have Bulldog for entry. Second first bike should be something like a 750 Honda shadow or something like that. Used and bruised.....anyone that rides a bike WILL drop it at sometime. Once he rides that for a bit then he can check out other bikes. As far as what type depends on what he plans on doing with it and what's important to him. We ride all over for long periods of time. I need something comfortable that can hold some stuff. I like that cruiser/bagger feeling. Sport bikes have you laid out over the tank. Looks cool but is pretty uncomfortable for anything more than hopping from here to there. The only bike I would suggest he stay away from is the Harley Davidson Sportster. No matter what people say it is NOT an entry level bike. The main thing is that he get what he wants and enjoys the ride.

Oh how u made me teary eyed n my leg hurt lol :) first bike (fiancées) 500 Kawasaki nice bike but it putt putted along not sure of the exact size of our last bike I think it was a 1500 Honda shadow saber, everything on it was chromed flames up the side, straight pipes, it was a beauty even die hard Harley owners admitted it was a great bike, not to mention we removed the baffles so it roared like a lion!!!!!!!!!

Sept 8, 2007 some lady decides she's bigger than our bike n turns in front of us :( totaled the bike I got thrown from it n landed in the road on the other side!!!!!! I got on a bike again about 3 years after once I was all healed n it broke my heart I was fine like nothing ever happened butttttttttt after almost eating it once we decided 4 wheels r more for us so we bought a boat lol!!!! I can wait to see pics of ur girl on the bike lol!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 42
OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
"Biker" is not a description....it's a lifestyle....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 41
OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Ready to RIDE!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 39

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I believe my cousin is a member of the Patriot Guard. He is retired USAF. I am so proud of him. Have you ever made it to Bike Time in Muskegon? It was started a couple years ago and has really taken off. All of downtown is taken over during that weekend. It's been great for the city.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Not yet....we're doing some renovations at the Ranch this year and only going to a few events. Next year we plan on doing a lot of traveling and will hit as many events as we can!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online