Thread: The Biker's Code

Bike riding, bully loving soldier Become a 4 Paw Member PapaSmurf2's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rob McKinnell
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Biker's Code

@agingermom Our son was in the Navy so a Navy squid is much different than a biker squid....Navy squids are cool...respects to you for serving as well as thanks....as far as the Testicle Festival....I'll have to check it out lol. We ride to LA every year to do the Run For The Wall....we'll have to swing up and see you....I'm sure we can find room on the back of one of the scoots lol
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that have died (in battle). Rather we should thank God that such men have lived.

George S. Patton

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

@PapaSmurf2. You are welcome up here anytime. Thanks for the insight into the code

I'm a good girl, I promise

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama i used to work at a tattoo shop owned by a member and 1 time national president of a not to be named biker gang. Sometimes real life IS like tv. Oh they sold bike parts and bikes too. Their clubhouse even has a bar in it like SOA. Needless to say I didn't work there too long. Super nice guy thougth
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Rob McKinnell
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

The 1% er clubs can be like that...but that's why they're called 1% ers...they're a small minority of the community. As for the bar.....I can't say much....we just built one in our house lol
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that have died (in battle). Rather we should thank God that such men have lived.

George S. Patton

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@PapaSmurf2 So when are you inviting us all over for drinks?
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Yeah... party at papa's bar! I have a moped. Will that do?

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Oh oh @anatess I have a scooter! ( i don't ride it though that thing scares the crap out of me)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

While we're on the subject of bikes... my husband has been begging for one for a loooooonnngg time. But he's never ridden a bike before except for his dad's POS Enduro and he only rode it around his dad's big property. He got a bike license after passing a training course on an easy rider (can't remember what kind it was). But he can't decide what kind of bike to get - what type and what cc. He wanted a Boulevard after testing it out at the store and then he wanted a Yamaha FZR after testing that out at the store... two totally different bikes. And because we don't know much about bikes he can't decide what he wants... And, of course, all I know is he looks really good in the leather jumpsuit!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    While we're on the subject of bikes... my husband has been begging for one for a loooooonnngg time. But he's never ridden a bike before except for his dad's POS Enduro and he only rode it around his dad's big property. He got a bike license after passing a training course on an easy rider (can't remember what kind it was). But he can't decide what kind of bike to get - what type and what cc. He wanted a Boulevard after testing it out at the store and then he wanted a Yamaha FZR after testing that out at the store... two totally different bikes. And because we don't know much about bikes he can't decide what he wants... And, of course, all I know is he looks really good in the leather jumpsuit!
    For his first bike, I would recommend something cheap, preferrably scratched and dinged, and not too big... cheap so that he doesn't cry if he drops it, and not too big so that it is nimble enough to be forgiving as he makes the necessary mistakes needed to become comfortable.

Then when he's ready to take the training wheels off, he needs to determine what kind of riding he wants to do...

If he wants the rush of having gobs of power between his legs to take off like a rocket, hugging the curves while listening to the high pitch whining music from the engine, then he is a sportsbike kind of guy... and sport bikes come in a practical variation, to a insurance whopping insane need for speed variation.

If he just wants the free spirit, wind in your face, enjoy the view, slower pace and peaceful zen like experience, then he should look at the cruisers and touring, depending if he plans to ride around town or take long road trips, and the budget comes in play here as well... and then he needs to decide to go Harley Davidson, or one of the others. The Honda's, Yamaha's and Suzuki fans will legitimatly argue that you get more bike for your money vs a Harley, and this is true if you measure a bike's worth by the engine size and capabilities in relation to the cost, but the Harley owners will rightfully argue that riding a Harley provides the experience of feeling that trademark rumble, a tune you can mentally dance to, and character that only a Harley can provide.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Telly03 View Post
    Harley provides the experience of feeling that trademark rumble, a tune you can mentally dance to, and character that only a Harley can provide.
    That sentence makes me seriously want to learn to ride ... but for the safety of everyone else I will just mentally dance to the rumble!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly03 View Post
    For his first bike, I would recommend something cheap, preferrably scratched and dinged, and not too big... cheap so that he doesn't cry if he drops it, and not too big so that it is nimble enough to be forgiving as he makes the necessary mistakes needed to become comfortable.

Then when he's ready to take the training wheels off, he needs to determine what kind of riding he wants to do...

If he wants the rush of having gobs of power between his legs to take off like a rocket, hugging the curves while listening to the high pitch whining music from the engine, then he is a sportsbike kind of guy... and sport bikes come in a practical variation, to a insurance whopping insane need for speed variation.

If he just wants the free spirit, wind in your face, enjoy the view, slower pace and peaceful zen like experience, then he should look at the cruisers and touring, depending if he plans to ride around town or take long road trips, and the budget comes in play here as well... and then he needs to decide to go Harley Davidson, or one of the others. The Honda's, Yamaha's and Suzuki fans will legitimatly argue that you get more bike for your money vs a Harley, and this is true if you measure a bike's worth by the engine size and capabilities in relation to the cost, but the Harley owners will rightfully argue that riding a Harley provides the experience of feeling that trademark rumble, a tune you can mentally dance to, and character that only a Harley can provide.

This has got to be the awesomest answer on EBN...

Okay, my husband is the sports car kind of guy. The two kids and I have to squeeze like sardines in his 320hp car...

But then what he really wants the bike for is to go to work and back and take it on a cruise with his bike friends (who have sports bikes). But then his best friend who owns a Harley easy rider type tells him a sports bike is not a good match for my husband's personality because it will get him killed... My husband is a little bit on the reckless side with his car. But, I would think he is intelligent enough to know the risk involved with the difference between 2 wheels and 4.

Real Name
    Rob McKinnell
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

First off...my door is ALWAYS open....so come on down and get your drink on....only requirements are to be over 21 and must have Bulldog for entry. Second first bike should be something like a 750 Honda shadow or something like that. Used and bruised.....anyone that rides a bike WILL drop it at sometime. Once he rides that for a bit then he can check out other bikes. As far as what type depends on what he plans on doing with it and what's important to him. We ride all over for long periods of time. I need something comfortable that can hold some stuff. I like that cruiser/bagger feeling. Sport bikes have you laid out over the tank. Looks cool but is pretty uncomfortable for anything more than hopping from here to there. The only bike I would suggest he stay away from is the Harley Davidson Sportster. No matter what people say it is NOT an entry level bike. The main thing is that he get what he wants and enjoys the ride.

George S. Patton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads