A new chapter!

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Today I start a new chapter in my life. As I type this I am getting ready for my new job. I'm excited and nervous, but most of all I am thankful for all the wonderful people on this forum. I've been so sad about the loss of my lab/shephard mix Babie and I don't think I would be ready to begin this chapter if it wasn't for all of you. I've read a lot of posts over the last week and a half, but haven't been able to bring myself to post very much. For all of those who have lost their beloved pets, my heart aches with you. For all of the wonderful words of kindness that others have posted for me and others who have lost their beloved pet, I can't express my gratitude enough. I have been blessed to be able to be home for the last six months and spend my time with my dogs. I had no idea how blessed I was, because I didn't intend to begin this journey with a broken heart. But, today is a new day and I am going to move forward. I'm sure I will always be sad and miss my B but I know I can't let that stop me from starting to heal. I've been lucky to have not lost anyone close to me in my life (and at almost 39 years old with a very large family, that truly is a blessing) and I'm going to take this last lesson that my big girl taught me, which is how to deal with grief and continue on in life and create new memories. I really just want to say thank you. You are all wonderful people and I'm glad I get to share my Guinevere with you and the many happy new adventures to come!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck with your new endevor!

Babie will ALWAYS be with you! The saddness will lessen, the pain will remain, but you will always have great memories of her with you and the life shared.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That was a beautiful read, thank you <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Good Luck with everything! Wishing you the best :)

L

Lucy-licious

Good luck in the new job....here's to fresh beginnings :cheers:

Im sure B will be watching over you :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dear Tabatha, beautiful words...I wish you luck and will continue to keep you
in my thoughts & prayers. Bravo to you to move forward and kudos for your
bravery in starting new endeavors, may GOD keep you safe & show you favor!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope you had a great first day at your new job. And many many years of happy days to come.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
How exciting for you to start a new part of your life .... and so glad that your EBN family has helped you come through this awful time with your head held high.
I can't wait to hear how your first day went!!

Your sweet baby will be in your heart forever, and I believe that they are watching over us until we finally join them. :heart:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Bery nice words. Congratulations on your new job, and good luck with your new endeavours, I am so sorry for your loss of Babie. I lost my Jack Russell Oreo 2 years ago, we may never stop missing them, or hurting, but time will heal and we will always have their memories. Our pets leave their paw prints on our hearts. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Thank you everyone! My first two days were great, and my hubby is getting extra special puppy love when he gets home now :) Luckily, Lady Guinevere is only by herself (in the crate) for a few hours and she is doing well with the transition too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.