Jury Duty

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
My boss told me to let them i work in the media but ive heard that can backfire. I want to know how people who get long trials do it....my job will pay for a certain amount of days...i know they r required to hold ur job but they rnt required to pay u. I mean i have a mortgage and bills to pay and their 40 dollars a day will pay for um gas for the week.

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Another way is while jury selection is going on look up at the ceiling and start talking and yelling at someone imaginary.

Works every time!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I feel the same way!!!! It is possibly going to mess up my daycare situation and it puts me behind at work! I have it the first week in March. I work for the municipal courts so idk how that will effect me being picked or not. I may try [MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION] 's idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Definitely felt this way at first. I am self employed, and the only employee, so it was hard for me. Grand jury i think is way better than the normal stuff. You basically listen to cops and witnesses tell all the gossip of crimes in your area and you decide whether there is enough evidence to indite.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Definitely felt this way at first. I am self employed, and the only employee, so it was hard for me. Grand jury i think is way better than the normal stuff. You basically listen to cops and witnesses tell all the gossip of crimes in your area and you decide whether there is enough evidence to indite.

I WISH I got grand jury. I got summonsed as a petit juror. While some cases could be very interesting, some would for sure be boring. Working in the court system makes me interested to some extent, but I deal with so much of it on a daily basis that I'm also happy to not be involved in a case.

Members online

No members online now.