Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jury Duty

@agingermom - I would have done it since I've never been on a jury but I HATE being the center of attention and having that room full of people looking at me and then laughing at my answers I was a total mess, the defense attorney was asking me all kinds of questions, I'm seriously uncomfortable and then in response to one of his questions I said something about the gal had to have done something wrong or she wouldn't be in the court room and ding ding ding defense attorney says Leesa's outta here!!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    Blah ... spent all day in the court house, I've got Jury Duty the whole day and selections haven't even begun to start ... my jaw almost hit the floor when I found out it was a murder case all I could think was holy crap batman!! Got to send a to sweetpeasmom2008 for sending me a message and worrying about me not being online much made me feel good!!! But will log on when I'm not sitting in the court room!
    A murder case?! woah!!!! I had grand jury duty for 3 months (twice a month), but it wasn't that bad. It was actually fun.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    A murder case?! woah!!!! I had grand jury duty for 3 months (twice a month), but it wasn't that bad. It was actually fun.
    My stomach sunk when I heard the word "murder" so for me it was a big Woah!!! but that is probably because I watch way too much of the crime type shows NCIS, Criminal Minds & Cold Case being three of my favorite shows LOL
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

i just got my jury duty notice today....no offense to those who want it but i'd rather poke myself in the eye with a fork than have it. i want to cry....i have absolutely no attention span...like none...i can't take notes from someone speaking orally...and i have a bladder the size of a dime...to sit for hours listening to someone drone on ughhhh and i know i will catch flak for it from some who say it's my duty...but honestly i'm being punished for someone else screwing up? how is that fair?

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Philippe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    Blah ... spent all day in the court house, I've got Jury Duty the whole day and selections haven't even begun to start ... my jaw almost hit the floor when I found out it was a murder case all I could think was holy crap batman!! Got to send a to sweetpeasmom2008 for sending me a message and worrying about me not being online much made me feel good!!! But will log on when I'm not sitting in the court room!
    Show up with a T Shirt that says:

I hear voices in my head

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nyerathrt View Post
    i just got my jury duty notice today....no offense to those who want it but i'd rather poke myself in the eye with a fork than have it. i want to cry....i have absolutely no attention span...like none...i can't take notes from someone speaking orally...and i have a bladder the size of a dime...to sit for hours listening to someone drone on ughhhh and i know i will catch flak for it from some who say it's my duty...but honestly i'm being punished for someone else screwing up? how is that fair?
    I feel the same way!!!! It is possibly going to mess up my daycare situation and it puts me behind at work! I have it the first week in March. I work for the municipal courts so idk how that will effect me being picked or not. I may try @Heff102 's idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

My boss told me to let them i work in the media but ive heard that can backfire. I want to know how people who get long trials do it....my job will pay for a certain amount of days...i know they r required to hold ur job but they rnt required to pay u. I mean i have a mortgage and bills to pay and their 40 dollars a day will pay for um gas for the week.

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Philippe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)

Another way is while jury selection is going on look up at the ceiling and start talking and yelling at someone imaginary.

Works every time!

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chunksmama View Post
    I feel the same way!!!! It is possibly going to mess up my daycare situation and it puts me behind at work! I have it the first week in March. I work for the municipal courts so idk how that will effect me being picked or not. I may try @Heff102 's idea!

Definitely felt this way at first. I am self employed, and the only employee, so it was hard for me. Grand jury i think is way better than the normal stuff. You basically listen to cops and witnesses tell all the gossip of crimes in your area and you decide whether there is enough evidence to indite.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    Definitely felt this way at first. I am self employed, and the only employee, so it was hard for me. Grand jury i think is way better than the normal stuff. You basically listen to cops and witnesses tell all the gossip of crimes in your area and you decide whether there is enough evidence to indite.

I WISH I got grand jury. I got summonsed as a petit juror. While some cases could be very interesting, some would for sure be boring. Working in the court system makes me interested to some extent, but I deal with so much of it on a daily basis that I'm also happy to not be involved in a case.

You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads