Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jury Duty

Aside from having to take care of the kids, I wouldn't mind either. BUT I get called, go, sit half a day, then get sent home. either let me not go or gimme something worth going for I say.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn I have both, or do both. Never been called.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @cali~jenn I have both, or do both. Never been called.
    Interesting. Maybe things r diff in Florida. I have been called every year or at minimum 2 years since turning 18 I think.

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member Trod1's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive, Oscar
    Likes (Received)

I've been on jury duty several times and every time there's been a murder case I get excused. Ha Ha. So maybe if you look at the accused unsympathetically the attorney will dismiss you. LOL
    In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Like I said, as much as I tell them I would be impartial, and I would, I either get excused by the defense for having police bias or by the prosecution for having defense bias. They find my family background too inflammatory to risk.
    I am a master at planking......

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@bulldogs4me - OR you could do it like "Liz Lemon" does on 30 Rock; she dresses up at Princess Leah from Star Wars and talks about extraterrestrials. Dismissed!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Kelly it is either thru DMV records or voting, cant remember which exactly tho.

It depends on the State you live in. In Ohio the jury lottery was selected from registered voters. I was chosen three times there. served on one local jury in a drunk driving case in my early 20's.
    was dismissed before selection second time in my early 30's and the third was actually in Federal court. I was in my late 30's, where I had to drive an hour and a half away from home to go to court each day for almost a week, and I was on a jury in a patent lawsuit.

Funny thing is I met up with my cousin in the jury selection room at the Federal one where he was up for serving on a murder case jury. Both cases were in federal court, but they called different people for the different cases, They just made us all wait in the same selection room for a while. That murder case they were telling the jurors to expect the process to take at least 6 months. I was sure glad I wasn't called up for that one!

Here in Wisconsin they go by driver's licenses and I was called once already and didn't serve on a jury. They said it would be 4 years before I could be picked again. That was about 5 years ago now, so they could call at anytime again I suppose.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I love jury duty!!

I've been called before got selected and sat in the jury box for a full week on a case only to be excused cause I was one of two alternates. I was pissed. I got summoned last year and the year before (Federal and State Courts) and didn't have to show up for the jury pool. I think I like it because I work for a law firm and it's fun to me to see how the attorneys present their case.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    It depends on the State you live in. In Ohio the jury lottery was selected from registered voters. I was chosen three times there. served on one local jury in a drunk driving case in my early 20's.
    was dismissed before selection second time in my early 30's and the third was actually in Federal court. I was in my late 30's, where I had to drive an hour and a half away from home to go to court each day for almost a week, and I was on a jury in a patent lawsuit.

Funny thing is I met up with my cousin in the jury selection room at the Federal one where he was up for serving on a murder case jury. Both cases were in federal court, but they called different people for the different cases, They just made us all wait in the same selection room for a while. That murder case they were telling the jurors to expect the process to take at least 6 months. I was sure glad I wasn't called up for that one!

Here in Wisconsin they go by driver's licenses and I was called once already and didn't serve on a jury. They said it would be 4 years before I could be picked again. That was about 5 years ago now, so they could call at anytime again I suppose.
    Wow, here I think you r out of the pool for 1 year only once you r called to serve.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I have never been picked or any of that !!!!! I always said I would love an exciting case in fed court, but I can't imagine being sequestered away from my puppers
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I didn't get picked ... apparently I said something that the defense attorney didn't like and kicked me out.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny B View Post
    I get called but always dismissed. My father was a well known police chief in this state and my sister is a criminal defense attorney. Both sides don't want me on their jury.
    Me too!! No one wants a psych RN on their Jury. Why is that? lol. Actually, last time I was selected as Jury # 12 it was for a Child molestation case. I was only too glad to be dismissed!!

I would love to do it for you, Leesa!! Now that I am paid for Jury duty I would do it as often as they call me!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads