Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Well today was "the day", my son left this morning for boot camp ... my house is completely empty tonight :crying:! my parents came to visit to spend some time with Alex before he left and my mother and brother showed up yesterday to say goodbye but everyone has gone home already. I tried to be strong for my boy and not emotionally break down and did pretty darn good up until I hugged him goodbye ... I just couldn't let go, well until he said "Mom you have to let go I can't breath" all I could say was I don't want to let you go and the tears started flowing :crying: I told him I was sorry and that I tried to be strong for him but like the great son he is, he hugged me again and said he knows how hard I tried and that he loves me. So after lots of hugs, tears and I love you's my boy left for Marine Boot Camp ... this is going to be a very long 3 months!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Honey...it's just so hard to let them go...I know, my son, Aaron just turned 25.
While he's been on his own quite a while, it's been local. I didn't realize what a comfort
it was until he moved off to big, bad wicked Houston, 5 hrs away and his Dad & I hated!
Since Hurricane Katrina happened-many of the 'bad element' relocated from New Orleans
and stayed-crime, always bad there, is off the charts now.

I saw pics of your son-awesomely manly & very handsome-and read your description of him
and he's a very determined, focused man and very comfortable with WHO he is and knows
WHAT he wants...and is a wonderful young man.

GREAT JOB!...Mom. Trust him and give him over to GOD and keep him in your prayers, as will I.

Mom to Mom...I feel your tears and fears for him and his welfare...sending big hugs to you!
:hug2:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] - thank you Carol :hug:

Last edited:

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Oh sweetie. As much as he wants to be there, it SUCKS and he is going to be thinking of you and wanting to be home everyday.

3 months will fly by. I promise. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but as a former military wife, it flies. :)

We will all keep both of you in our prayers!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=5475]Gunny B[/MENTION] - thank you :hug:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I just noticed this post! Im so glad everyone got to say goodbye! It will be a long 3 months but when you do see him it will be so worth it! I hope you keep busy!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Awwww it's tough letting go that's for sure. I had to let go of my son when he was 14. He wanted to desparately to go live with his Dad two states away and I had no reason he couldn't, I knew he'd spread his wings with his dad too. It was the hardest decision I ever made. You're son is growing up now into a man and it's so hard to let go when you just want to hang on to them a bit longer. I'm glad you let go though, he can now breath and head off to Bootcamp not blue in the face. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: Leesa --- you done a great job with your boy, I will keep him in my prayers and please wish him the best for us!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Leesa, you have raised a fine, loving young man. The world is a better place because your son is in it. Give yourself a big hug, then hug your Bullies. Sending big hugs to you.

CHENDERSON

Jan 13, 2013
China Grove, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoe Grace aka Big Sexy
:hug:Leesa. I am sure the distance will be hard but I know that you are a proud momma for him wanting to serve his country. Thank him for us. Keeping you and him in my prayers.

M

mabel lou

Awe how sweet of you to share with us. I remember when I had to say goodbye to my son when he went into the army. It had always just been the two of us so this was very difficult on me. I was just like you and I literally fell apart and my son reassured me as well with many hugs and then his special kisses on my forehead. Those are the kisses that the men in our family give to there mothers. I love it that he did that to me. But he left lol and one day I was so miserable because i was so use to being his mom that I didn't know what to do and I ordered a pizza and pop and after it was delivered I remember going into my room crawling in bed with my pizza and pop and I opened that box up an ate pizza right directly out of the box and I boo hoo d as I ate pizza in my bed for the first time ever. I was so depressed and I didn't have any puppy to make me smile so I was a train wreck for awhile lololol. I use to call him at the army and after so many calls of not being returned I would call again and tell him he better call me immediately. Of course he did then and he would tell me "mom I am at work" lol and of course just hearing his voice made me smile and that was good enough for me. He may not have liked it and I probably did drive him crazy but omg I so love him and I love being his Mother. So yeah I do understand how you felt. It does get better and I was a worst case scenario!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I remember the day my son Jimmy left for the Army. I somehow was able to hold it together until the car pulled around the corner and out of sight. Then I completely lost it and collapsed in a crying mess onto the sidewalk.

You raised an amazing young man. I know it's hard to let go but it's time for him to follow his dreams and finish what you started in him.

My son got severely sick in AIT so he was medically discharged but during the time away I found comfort in writing him letters every day. All day every day! I wrote to him as if I were talking to him across the table and when he was finally able to receive mail I sent him those letters in one giant package. From then on I made sure that every day he got a card of encouragement or a letter from home with some inspirational quote. Things to give him strength and courage like...

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do.
You can act to change and control your life;
and the procedure, the process is its own reward.”
-- Amelia Earhart—

It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
~ Theodore Roosevelt ~

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
--Eleanor Roosevelt--

oh, and every Wednesday I sent him a page or 2 of jokes to read to the guys in the barracks. He said it really helped him when he was missing home and it made me feel better on the days that he couldn't call home.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
WooHoo!!!! Finally have my sons address and sent off my first letter today!!!! I opened my mailbox yesterday and on top of everything was an envelope with my sons writing I was SOOOOOOOOO excited .... although it was just information from his Sr Drill Instructor, I finally have an address so I passed it out to family and sat down and wrote him a letter, let him know how things are going here at home and just how proud of him I am ... can't wait to get a letter from him!!! Miss him so damn much!!!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for raising your son to have pride in his country and be willing to serve for us all, and also to thank you for YOUR sacrafice for our country as well bc sometimes people overlook that out is not just those serving but also their families that are affected

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for raising your son to have pride in his country and be willing to serve for us all, and also to thank you for YOUR sacrafice for our country as well bc sometimes people overlook that out is not just those serving but also their families that are affected

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

:hug: Thank You!! My son is my entire life and being away from him is really difficult BUT this is his time to live his life as he wants to and as his mom it's my job to support him :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.