officially in Boot Camp!!!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I completely understand how you feel. I said goodbye to my sweet son three days after high school graduation back in '84. I had 11 years to prepare for that moment, but it still came too soon. It was his dream and calling to become a Marine since he was 7 years old, ever since the first Desert Storm. He was 16 when 9/11 happened which made him even more sure of his choice and all the more reason that I didn't want him to go. But in a time when so many of our youth are immature, self centered and lacking respect, it also gave me such pride to send my son off to fulfill his dream and support his country that he so loves. The three months will be long for you all. Write him daily even of its just a line or two and be very upbeat and encouraging. My son has told us often how much the jokes his dad sent from the internet meant to him and kept him going. The first month is the hardest as the training brings them down before it builds them up and turns them into not just men, but Americas Finest. Stand Proud Mom, you've raised a United States Marine! Sempre Fi!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I completely understand how you feel. I said goodbye to my sweet son three days after high school graduation back in '84. I had 11 years to prepare for that moment, but it still came too soon. It was his dream and calling to become a Marine since he was 7 years old, ever since the first Desert Storm. He was 16 when 9/11 happened which made him even more sure of his choice and all the more reason that I didn't want him to go. But in a time when so many of our youth are immature, self centered and lacking respect, it also gave me such pride to send my son off to fulfill his dream and support his country that he so loves. The three months will be long for you all. Write him daily even of its just a line or two and be very upbeat and encouraging. My son has told us often how much the jokes his dad sent from the internet meant to him and kept him going. The first month is the hardest as the training brings them down before it builds them up and turns them into not just men, but Americas Finest. Stand Proud Mom, you've raised a United States Marine! Sempre Fi!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:hug: Thank You!!! You just gave me the best idea!! My son would show me all these goofy jokes he would get daily on his facebook, I'm going to go in and print some that I think he would enjoy and add them in my letters :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry your feeling blue, and missing your son, I haven't had to experience that, so I can't relate, but as a Mom I totally understand the worry, and the missing him while he's away. It sounds as if he's a wonderful man, and you raised him to be that man that he is today. You should be very proud, please Thank him for what he does for our country and our freedom. 3 months will feel like forever, but will fly by. Sending my love hugs and prayers to you and your son and your family, it was nice that you all got to be together to say your goodbyes before he left. He will be back home before you know it.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm sorry your feeling blue, and missing your son, I haven't had to experience that, so I can't relate, but as a Mom I totally understand the worry, and the missing him while he's away. It sounds as if he's a wonderful man, and you raised him to be that man that he is today. You should be very proud, please Thank him for what he does for our country and our freedom. 3 months will feel like forever, but will fly by. Sending my love hugs and prayers to you and your son and your family, it was nice that you all got to be together to say your goodbyes before he left. He will be back home before you know it.

:hug: Thank You!!! I do miss him very much but my pride in him just as a son is huge and add to that my pride of him as a Marine is just over flowing to say the least ... I plan to write to him daily so he will get letters regularly kinda like when we would have coffee together in the mornings just that special time between mom and son :) I just got super excited when I finally got his address and wanted to share my happiness with all my wonderful bulldog friends :)

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Pm me his name and address and a list of what he can have and what he can't have. We'd love to send him some packages. We're proud to welcome into the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of the United States Military.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] Just wanted to say 'thinking of you' and hope your son is doing good in BC. Just know his Drill Instructor's are taking good care of them, my hubby is one for the Navy here in Great Lakes. Will you get to go to his graduation? You must be so excited! I'll send prayers and positive thoughts his way. p.s. his DI's must love the fact that ya'll have EB's if he's told them. We get asked all the time if we're Marine Corps since we have a couple of EB's.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@bulldogs4me Just wanted to say 'thinking of you' and hope your son is doing good in BC. Just know his Drill Instructor's are taking good care of them, my hubby is one for the Navy here in Great Lakes. Will you get to go to his graduation? You must be so excited! I'll send prayers and positive thoughts his way. p.s. his DI's must love the fact that ya'll have EB's if he's told them. We get asked all the time if we're Marine Corps since we have a couple of EB's.

I will be going to his graduation in April, we (my family) are already making our travel plans :) I can't wait to see him!!! I doubt Alex will say anything about the bulldogs :lol: they have a love/hate relationship most of the time :LMAO:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Pm me his name and address and a list of what he can have and what he can't have. We'd love to send him some packages. We're proud to welcome into the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of the United States Military.

Great idea, PapaSmurf2...Lessa, please PM me as I & my son (25) will write and send him pkg's.

​Thank you for being a great Mom & raising a wonderful young man! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.