Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: officially in Boot Camp!!!

WooHoo!!!! Finally have my sons address and sent off my first letter today!!!! I opened my mailbox yesterday and on top of everything was an envelope with my sons writing I was SOOOOOOOOO excited .... although it was just information from his Sr Drill Instructor, I finally have an address so I passed it out to family and sat down and wrote him a letter, let him know how things are going here at home and just how proud of him I am ... can't wait to get a letter from him!!! Miss him so damn much!!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for raising your son to have pride in his country and be willing to serve for us all, and also to thank you for YOUR sacrafice for our country as well bc sometimes people overlook that out is not just those serving but also their families that are affected

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noyes27 View Post
    Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for raising your son to have pride in his country and be willing to serve for us all, and also to thank you for YOUR sacrafice for our country as well bc sometimes people overlook that out is not just those serving but also their families that are affected

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
    Thank You!! My son is my entire life and being away from him is really difficult BUT this is his time to live his life as he wants to and as his mom it's my job to support him

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

I completely understand how you feel. I said goodbye to my sweet son three days after high school graduation back in '84. I had 11 years to prepare for that moment, but it still came too soon. It was his dream and calling to become a Marine since he was 7 years old, ever since the first Desert Storm. He was 16 when 9/11 happened which made him even more sure of his choice and all the more reason that I didn't want him to go. But in a time when so many of our youth are immature, self centered and lacking respect, it also gave me such pride to send my son off to fulfill his dream and support his country that he so loves. The three months will be long for you all. Write him daily even of its just a line or two and be very upbeat and encouraging. My son has told us often how much the jokes his dad sent from the internet meant to him and kept him going. The first month is the hardest as the training brings them down before it builds them up and turns them into not just men, but Americas Finest. Stand Proud Mom, you've raised a United States Marine! Sempre Fi!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corlando465 View Post
    I completely understand how you feel. I said goodbye to my sweet son three days after high school graduation back in '84. I had 11 years to prepare for that moment, but it still came too soon. It was his dream and calling to become a Marine since he was 7 years old, ever since the first Desert Storm. He was 16 when 9/11 happened which made him even more sure of his choice and all the more reason that I didn't want him to go. But in a time when so many of our youth are immature, self centered and lacking respect, it also gave me such pride to send my son off to fulfill his dream and support his country that he so loves. The three months will be long for you all. Write him daily even of its just a line or two and be very upbeat and encouraging. My son has told us often how much the jokes his dad sent from the internet meant to him and kept him going. The first month is the hardest as the training brings them down before it builds them up and turns them into not just men, but Americas Finest. Stand Proud Mom, you've raised a United States Marine! Sempre Fi!
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thank You!!! You just gave me the best idea!! My son would show me all these goofy jokes he would get daily on his facebook, I'm going to go in and print some that I think he would enjoy and add them in my letters

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry your feeling blue, and missing your son, I haven't had to experience that, so I can't relate, but as a Mom I totally understand the worry, and the missing him while he's away. It sounds as if he's a wonderful man, and you raised him to be that man that he is today. You should be very proud, please Thank him for what he does for our country and our freedom. 3 months will feel like forever, but will fly by. Sending my love hugs and prayers to you and your son and your family, it was nice that you all got to be together to say your goodbyes before he left. He will be back home before you know it.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I'm sorry your feeling blue, and missing your son, I haven't had to experience that, so I can't relate, but as a Mom I totally understand the worry, and the missing him while he's away. It sounds as if he's a wonderful man, and you raised him to be that man that he is today. You should be very proud, please Thank him for what he does for our country and our freedom. 3 months will feel like forever, but will fly by. Sending my love hugs and prayers to you and your son and your family, it was nice that you all got to be together to say your goodbyes before he left. He will be back home before you know it.
    Thank You!!! I do miss him very much but my pride in him just as a son is huge and add to that my pride of him as a Marine is just over flowing to say the least ... I plan to write to him daily so he will get letters regularly kinda like when we would have coffee together in the mornings just that special time between mom and son I just got super excited when I finally got his address and wanted to share my happiness with all my wonderful bulldog friends

Bike riding, bully loving soldier Become a 4 Paw Member PapaSmurf2's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rob McKinnell
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

Pm me his name and address and a list of what he can have and what he can't have. We'd love to send him some packages. We're proud to welcome into the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of the United States Military.
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that have died (in battle). Rather we should thank God that such men have lived.

George S. Patton

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

@bulldogs4me Just wanted to say 'thinking of you' and hope your son is doing good in BC. Just know his Drill Instructor's are taking good care of them, my hubby is one for the Navy here in Great Lakes. Will you get to go to his graduation? You must be so excited! I'll send prayers and positive thoughts his way. p.s. his DI's must love the fact that ya'll have EB's if he's told them. We get asked all the time if we're Marine Corps since we have a couple of EB's.

Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by babybully View Post
    @bulldogs4me Just wanted to say 'thinking of you' and hope your son is doing good in BC. Just know his Drill Instructor's are taking good care of them, my hubby is one for the Navy here in Great Lakes. Will you get to go to his graduation? You must be so excited! I'll send prayers and positive thoughts his way. p.s. his DI's must love the fact that ya'll have EB's if he's told them. We get asked all the time if we're Marine Corps since we have a couple of EB's.
    I will be going to his graduation in April, we (my family) are already making our travel plans I can't wait to see him!!! I doubt Alex will say anything about the bulldogs they have a love/hate relationship most of the time

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf2 View Post
    Pm me his name and address and a list of what he can have and what he can't have. We'd love to send him some packages. We're proud to welcome into the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of the United States Military.

Great idea, PapaSmurf2...Lessa, please PM me as I & my son (25) will write and send him pkg's.

​Thank you for being a great Mom & raising a wonderful young man! Happy Valentine's Day!!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads