I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Damn what a difference!

So I am 49, never wore glasses, went to the eye doctor almost a year ago and low and behold not only did I need glasses I needed bi-focals I wanted contacts but me being the "unique" person that I am....I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other...WTH????? so no contacts. Anywho...I hated my glasses and put them away, they made me "sea-sick". I found them today and put them on while on the computer. WOW what a difference it makes in the clarity of the computer!!! I have been having massive headaches over the last couple of weeks and when I put these stupid glasses on I seen SO much clearer than I did before, Obviously eye strain headaches. Guess I need to face the fact that I am getting older and I do need them.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Damn what a difference!

I've had to wear glasses since I was 12 and now wear contacts. Guess I got old at 12!!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    So I am 49, never wore glasses, went to the eye doctor almost a year ago and low and behold not only did I need glasses I needed bi-focals I wanted contacts but me being the "unique" person that I am....I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other...WTH????? so no contacts. Anywho...I hated my glasses and put them away, they made me "sea-sick". I found them today and put them on while on the computer. WOW what a difference it makes in the clarity of the computer!!! I have been having massive headaches over the last couple of weeks and when I put these stupid glasses on I seen SO much clearer than I did before, Obviously eye strain headaches. Guess I need to face the fact that I am getting older and I do need them.
    and getting wiser now that you are using the glasses . Good bye headaches.... I have almost perfect distant sight for an "over 50" and am blind as a bat with anything up close. I hate it so much so of course I have a gizillion pair of magnifiying glasses all over the place. It is probably one of biggest pet peeves about getting older...:crying: The wrinkle and the extra fat aren't too great either . We better get together soon before I get a third bullie... No, that really is a joke ( third bullie that is)

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    and getting wiser now that you are using the glasses . Good bye headaches.... I have almost perfect distant sight for an "over 50" and am blind as a bat with anything up close. I hate it so much so of course I have a gizillion pair of magnifiying glasses all over the place. It is probably one of biggest pet peeves about getting older...:crying: The wrinkle and the extra fat aren't too great either . We better get together soon before I get a third bullie... No, that really is a joke ( third bullie that is)
    A third????? You are such a lucky duck!!!! My husband forbids another. I have worked on him for two years, he is a cat person and don't get the "care"...expense of another. Yes we need to get a date together again!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

LOL... life would be a lot easier if we just accept the inevitable ..... I CARRY my glasses but RARELY put them on my damn face.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    LOL... life would be a lot easier if we just accept the inevitable ..... I CARRY my glasses but RARELY put them on my damn face.
    I tried mine for a week, made me sea sick and put them away almost a year ago, found them today and TAA-DAHH they really do help bring things in clearer on the computer! Think I will stick to it on the computer (ONLY) lol

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Kelly, it does take some time to get used to your glasses, so yes, do give it time and hopefully those HA's will go away. I've been wearing glasses since the age of 11yo. Wore contacts in my 20's til present day but lately i've really been into eyeglasses. You can get some fun frames and use them to accessorize your mood and/or outfit! I know, spoken like the true NERD that I am.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

I've been wearing glasses since I was in the first grade, and they were BIFOCALS even back then! My eyes only have gotten worse, and the first thing I do every day is put them on, the last thing I do is take them off. They are a pain, but I have gotten so used to them that I think I look funny when I don't have them on in pictures. I can't wear contacts either, I have corneas that are too "pointy". Eyes aren't round, but mine are extra weird, lol.

Please remember to use them- they will prevent headaches and strain in your eyes.

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

Lucy-licious

Well having worn glasses since the tender age if 2 I am more than used to them. I went through a spate in my teens where I refused to wear them and then in my 20s/30s I wore contacts to go out in. But niw I just wear my glasses. I have a few pairs and a best pair.

Have you considered Lasik eye surgery? A friend of mine had hers done and now has perfect eye site.

i wouldn't personally, but only because I find my glasses hide my wrinkles perfectly

Remove Ads