Damn what a difference!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So I am 49, never wore glasses, went to the eye doctor almost a year ago and low and behold not only did I need glasses I needed bi-focals :confused: I wanted contacts but me being the "unique" person that I am....I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other...WTH????? so no contacts. Anywho...I hated my glasses and put them away, they made me "sea-sick". I found them today and put them on while on the computer. WOW what a difference it makes in the clarity of the computer!!! I have been having massive headaches over the last couple of weeks and when I put these stupid glasses on I seen SO much clearer than I did before, Obviously eye strain headaches. Guess I need to face the fact that I am getting older and I do need them. :*(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I've had to wear glasses since I was 12 and now wear contacts. Guess I got old at 12!!! :p

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
So I am 49, never wore glasses, went to the eye doctor almost a year ago and low and behold not only did I need glasses I needed bi-focals :confused: I wanted contacts but me being the "unique" person that I am....I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other...WTH????? so no contacts. Anywho...I hated my glasses and put them away, they made me "sea-sick". I found them today and put them on while on the computer. WOW what a difference it makes in the clarity of the computer!!! I have been having massive headaches over the last couple of weeks and when I put these stupid glasses on I seen SO much clearer than I did before, Obviously eye strain headaches. Guess I need to face the fact that I am getting older and I do need them. :*(

and getting wiser now that you are using the glasses :D. Good bye headaches.... I have almost perfect distant sight for an "over 50" and am blind as a bat with anything up close. I hate it so much so of course I have a gizillion pair of magnifiying glasses all over the place. It is probably one of biggest pet peeves about getting older...:crying: The wrinkle and the extra fat aren't too great either :tongue:. We better get together soon before I get a third bullie... No, that really is a joke ( third bullie that is) :rolleyes:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
and getting wiser now that you are using the glasses :D. Good bye headaches.... I have almost perfect distant sight for an "over 50" and am blind as a bat with anything up close. I hate it so much so of course I have a gizillion pair of magnifiying glasses all over the place. It is probably one of biggest pet peeves about getting older...:crying: The wrinkle and the extra fat aren't too great either :tongue:. We better get together soon before I get a third bullie... No, that really is a joke ( third bullie that is) :rolleyes:

A third????? You are such a lucky duck!!!! My husband forbids another. I have worked on him for two years, he is a cat person and don't get the "care"...expense of another. Yes we need to get a date together again!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL... life would be a lot easier if we just accept the inevitable ..... I CARRY my glasses but RARELY put them on my damn face.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
LOL... life would be a lot easier if we just accept the inevitable ..... I CARRY my glasses but RARELY put them on my damn face.

I tried mine for a week, made me sea sick and put them away almost a year ago, found them today and TAA-DAHH they really do help bring things in clearer on the computer! Think I will stick to it on the computer (ONLY) lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Kelly, it does take some time to get used to your glasses, so yes, do give it time and hopefully those HA's will go away. I've been wearing glasses since the age of 11yo. Wore contacts in my 20's til present day but lately i've really been into eyeglasses. You can get some fun frames and use them to accessorize your mood and/or outfit! I know, spoken like the true NERD that I am. :bigeyes:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I've been wearing glasses since I was in the first grade, and they were BIFOCALS even back then! My eyes only have gotten worse, and the first thing I do every day is put them on, the last thing I do is take them off. They are a pain, but I have gotten so used to them that I think I look funny when I don't have them on in pictures. I can't wear contacts either, I have corneas that are too "pointy". Eyes aren't round, but mine are extra weird, lol.

Please remember to use them- they will prevent headaches and strain in your eyes.

L

Lucy-licious

Well having worn glasses since the tender age if 2 I am more than used to them. I went through a spate in my teens where I refused to wear them and then in my 20s/30s I wore contacts to go out in. But niw I just wear my glasses. I have a few pairs and a best pair.

Have you considered Lasik eye surgery? A friend of mine had hers done and now has perfect eye site.

i wouldn't personally, but only because I find my glasses hide my wrinkles perfectly :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.