Anyone hear about the 'Lion' running around Norfolk Virginia ?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
this is just TOO good to not share !

http://www.inquisitr.com/474960/dog-shaved-to-look-like-a-lion-prompts-multiple-911-calls/

look at it ! OMG unbelievable !

Dog Shaved To Look Like A Lion Prompts Multiple 911 Calls

Posted: January 9, 2013

dog-shaved-to-look-like-a-lion.jpg

Norfolk, VA ā€“ A dog shaved to resemble a lion prompted 911 calls in Virginia. Charles, a Labradoodle, garnered quite a bit of attention in Norfolk on Tuesday. Residents told emergency dispatchers that baby lion was walking down the street, possibly in search of food.
Local law enforcement officers immediately called the nearby Virginia Zoo to see if they were missing a lion, according to Fox News. Virginia zookeepers quickly checked the cages of Zola, a female lion and Mramba, a male. The furry creature was ultimately identified as Charles the Labradoodle, when all lions were present and accounted for at the zoo.

The Labrador retriever and poodle mix was shaved down to look like the Old Dominion University mascot, according to the Virginia-Pilot. Charlesā€™ owner Chris Painter had this to say about his Labradoodle and the lost lion incident:
ā€œHe has a thousand and 200-some friends on Facebook. I tell people heā€™s a Lab-a-lion, and half the people believe that.ā€
A Talbot Park Civic League official emailed area residents to let them know that baby lion was actually just a dog, to alleviate lingering fears. The Labradoodle is a familiar face at Danielā€™s Lawn and Garden Center, where the dogā€™s owner works on Colley Avenue.
Charles often visits Daniel Painterā€™s business while his master works hard to earn the extra cash to take the dog tailgating and out for a slice at University Pizza after the games. The lion-looking canine reportedly loves little children and tailgating at Old Dominion University football games.
The lion sighting 911 calls this week were not a first for the affable dog. While enjoying afternoons out at Lafayette Park, which is near the Virginia Zoo, folks have reportedly run back to their cars in shock.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
very creative

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Too funny, thanks for sharing... life's too short not to @!$%# with people.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I saw that I had to laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is fantastic ... I love it ... such a big scary lion too!!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
No but I know a weasel that lives there. my ex! I know I know. Bitter much, lol. Cute article

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
That's hilarious! I wonder how many of those sillies who called 911 had only seen a lion on the Discovery channel before?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online