Venting :( my house has become a nursing home :'(

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Ok so my fiancé n I bought our home a few months ago we hadn't even been in it a month n my future mother in law (not excited about that if u can tell) decides her fathers (95 yr old man) living conditions r no longer suitable for him!!!!!!!! Coincidence I think not!!!!!!! She guilted her son into asking him to move in with us (without talking to me about it first :mad:...)!!! The first couple of weeks were fine n then he started treating me like I'm his slave demanding I do everything for him refusing food saying its too salty (I never have n never will cook with salt) critiquing my housekeeping n telling me I don't do enough around my own home!!!!!! We had to cut out parts of our walls to install a stair lift for him bcuz he can't walk up n down stairs he's never happy with anything, n he gets poop all over my bathroom so not only am i always cleaning up his messes but my house always smells like crap :'(!!!!! on top of it all he feeds porky everything off of his plate behind our backs so she gained about 15 pounds when he moved in!!!!!!!! A few weeks ago he got sick n ended up having to go to a nursing home well since then I've been less stressed out my house is so clean n smells like pine :) I enjoy being home whereas before as soon as my fiancé got home I was gone!!!!!! I've got porky on a new food figured out her allergies n she's lost almost 10 lbs everything is IMO how it should be now!!!!!!!!! Well he's coming back home Friday n his daughter is giving me a list of things he needs n wants ugh yes I'm a LPN so every one thinks I am trained for this n should just shut up n do it which aggrevates me to no end!!!!!!! Him back home means whenever he has food I need to lock my baby up bcuz he doesn't listen when I tell him not to give her food, it means 100 times more stress a very bit$hy me lots of fights with everyone n I still can't get a job bcuz he needs 24 hour care now!!!!!!!!! Our house is NOT set up for him besides the stair lift he can't do anything here but sit in his recliner n watch tv, but his daughters trailer is set up for him.......all one floor his room would be directly across from the bathroom and he'd be more stable on his feet there!!!!!!!!! I don't want him here anymore I want him to go live with his daughter but his family makes me feel like I'm a total bit$h for feeling that way!!!!!! I'm 26 I'm thinking about my future getting another bully n having kids n getting married in that order lol!!!!!!!! There's only 2 bedrooms here so until he's gone no kids n I don't want to get another dog only to have him feed it all the time!!!!!!!! I'm sorry to vent so much but am I wrong for not wanting him here, is it selfish to feel that way??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
No, you are not selfish at all. His family is. I know you love your man but is he really worth the trouble??? If he won't stand up for you and himself now he may never and they'll keep on using you. Find that job. Let his family pay someone to take care of him or offer to help pay for a caretaker in his sister's house. Stand up for yourself Woman. You deserve to feel better about your life and don't need to be stepped all over. Take it from a retired, old woman, not taking care of yourself at 26 will kill you or your relationship way faster than you expect.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
You are too young to be put in this situation. Grandpa needs to be in a care facility, not your home. You need to be able to live your life as you choose and you certainly can't with the situation you're in now. Yes, get a job so you are not available to be a 24/7 care provider. You will end up resenting your BF and his family.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I took the first step n told them both (the fiancé n his mother) that tonight we need to sit n seriously talk about stuff!!!! My parents have already said I can go back home for a while if need be to show them what it's like to have to care for him 24/7!!!! Hopefully he will step up to the plate n tell his mother we can't do it anymore *fingers crossed* if not then sadly he may have sealed his fate with me :'( thank u guys for ur advice n hug :) it made me realize that I'm not selfish n it's not wrong to want to live my life!!!!!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Be strong. do what you have to to preserve your sanity.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I hope you stand your ground and I really hope your fiancee does the right thing on your behalf. You are not selfish this is not your responsibility but the responsibiliy of his children.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I'm so proud of my fiancé :D we have come to an agreement starting tomorrow I'm going to start job hunting when I find a job he is moving in with his daughter :D!!!! It's a compromise I'd rather he notttttt come back at all but she needs to get his room cleaned (excuses) butttttt I'm hoping ill get a job within the next few weeks :D

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I am proud of you! There is absolutely no reason for you to have to suffer living with a crotchety old man in your home. I am glad your fiance saw reason and agreed to send him back to his daughter. Your home is your home! Stand up for yourself, and stand up for Porky! She has a stake in this decision, too.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Glad your future hubby passed this critical test. It would have been a very sad life if he chose his family's wants and needs over yours. And it is also important he consult with you on everything from now on. It will save you a lifetime of heartache. My mother's sweetie in later life (70's) was a thoughtless person. All my dogs have been trained to lay down quietly until meals are over. Then they would get a small treat in their bowl for behaving. He thought it was funny/cute to feed the dog from the table at our home. Totally destroyed all my hard work. Also my dog had colitis and had to be on a bland diet. So she always was getting severe diarrhea which would last for days. We love our dogs and want the best for them. Gaining 15 lbs is not good. So it is not unreasonable to be upset at what he has done to Porky. It is infuriating. Good riddance.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope you can find that job quick, although that shouldn't be the deciding factor in grampa going to live somewhere else. You have nothing to feel guilty about. :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope you can find that job quick, although that shouldn't be the deciding factor in grampa going to live somewhere else. You have nothing to feel guilty about. :hug:

I second that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.