Rabbit poop everywhere!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So for some reason, we've been seeing piles of round pellet poops in our backyard. We're assuming it's because of the rabbits that we see every so often. Unsure if it's because they're more noticeable in the snow than grass, but we've had to pick a few piles up in the past couple of days as we don't want the boys to eat any. Anyone else have this problem? Should I be concerned? I wonder why they're so attracted to our backyard. :confused: Don't tell me we have to make that area rabbit proof too. :down:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Rabbit poop if ingested can cause giardia and coccidiosis :*(, to name a couple of parasites. I'd pick up the poop to ensure your two guys don't eat them!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Luckily the first thing we did when we moved to this house is put up a fence all the way round. It seems to keep most of the wildlife out except skunks and the occasional groundhog. To be honest I havent' seen any rabbits yet in this area ... but have seen wild turkey, deer and geese.

You would think the smell of your two bullies would be enough to scare the rabbits off.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We have a real rabbit problem around here and the poop is a real problem in the yard. As well as the varmits eating my flowers.
HRH however mostly ignores them and certainly never pays any attention to their droppings, so we are lucky there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rabbit poop if ingested can cause giardia and coccidiosis :*(, to name a couple of parasites. I'd pick up the poop to ensure your two guys don't eat them!

^^^^^^ YEP!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Again I just learned something new on EBN. I didn't know rabbit poop caused Giardia , and coccidiosis, but I'm glad I know now. My backyard backs onto a wooded trail and river, and down by the river there are deers, and other wildlife, and while these don't come close to our house, we have a lot of raccoons, squirrels, birds, skunks, and rabbits. I haven't seen a lot of rabbits since the winter came, but I think they come out more at night. In the summer we had a lot of rabbits and raccoons running around, the raccoons are more of a nuisance, as they pillage our garbage at night, and I was always worried about them because I knew they carry leptovirus, so until they were vaccinated for that I kept them away from the grass around my house. I always have rabbit pebbles on my lawns in the front and at the side of the house, a and they would quite often feast on these, as well as goose poop at the park , and other than thinking this was quite gross, I didn't realize it could make them sick. It's not a problem for now as everything is covered in snow, and it's in the minus temperatures, so they haven't been out in the yard too much, just short walks and then back inside. But come spring and summer, it's going to be a problem , because we had quite a bit of rabbit poop. They poop a lot so don't know how I'm going to keep ahead of it. I can clean it up everyday, but not really relishing the fact I have to poop and scoop rabbit turds. Lol. As well as Bully poops.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If you can get enough of that stuff, throw it in your yard compost. Rabbit poop is FABULOUS! (from a gardener point of view...) You must compost it WELL though (just like any manure)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Dont have the problem with rabbit :poo: but we do have a problem with Kangaroo :poo: at my daughters house as they run wild in the street.

L

Lucy-licious

We have lots of sheep poop to contend with on our walk...oh and fox poop which Lucy just loves to roll in :eek:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Dont have the problem with rabbit :poo: but we do have a problem with Kangaroo :poo: at my daughters house as they run wild in the street.

We have lots of sheep poop to contend with on our walk...oh and fox poop which Lucy just loves to roll in :eek:

You ain't seen nuttin until you've had a black bear crap all over your yard! :cursing:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.