RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We *LOVE* our Pork and Sauerkraut (and mashed potatoes!) on New Years day! its a Tradition ! now... who can explain the tradition?

1) Pork - it is the only animal that moves FORWARD while eating, it puts its snout in the ground and 'roots' forward for its food - so you are moving FORWARD into the new year.

2) Sauerkraut - I had to look this up, but the fall cabbage takes 60 days to ferment to make Sauerkraut, so late October means the 1st batch is ready around the first of the year. its a German thing.... however.... I personally say, that we eat the Sauerkraut, to get rid of all of last years :poo:.

I may love it, but :fart::fart: it does *NOT* like me ! LOL Its also called 'Pay the bullies back for their toots !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We *LOVE* our Pork and Sauerkraut (and mashed potatoes!) on New Years day! its a Tradition ! now... who can explain the tradition?

1) Pork - it is the only animal that moves FORWARD while eating, it puts its snout in the ground and 'roots' forward for its food - so you are moving FORWARD into the new year.

2) Sauerkraut - I had to look this up, but the fall cabbage takes 60 days to ferment to make Sauerkraut, so late October means the 1st batch is ready around the first of the year. its a German thing.... however.... I personally say, that we eat the Sauerkraut, to get rid of all of last years :poo:.

I may love it, but :fart::fart: it does *NOT* like me ! LOL Its also called 'Pay the bullies back for their toots !

thank you for sharing... except for the last piece

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: we do pork an kraut every year this year my mom made it. a huge batch of it an she's making me a plate to go an the glass breaks all over everything I was so sad nobody got to eat it so my mom threw it out an started over we ate but it was late we still had it on New Years I felt so bad but that's just my luck hopefully it will be better this year

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.