Who has a Shark Steam Cleaner? need opinions plz

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Today with my gift card from my mother for JCP I bought a Shark Hot Steam Cleaner for tile and wood floors, because I remember months ago reading on this site that every body loved theirs. I have all tile throughout my whole house except wood floors in my bedroom Before I get it out of the box and put it together (I, meaning Joe, lol) I want honest opinions. I normally use a regular mop to do the whole house and a Swifter wet jet for quick clean ups (drool)

Is it as great as the box says? Do I need to order extra dry pads? Opinions please so that I can return it in the next couple days if people dont like theirs!
Thanks!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Haven't got one ....

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have a steam cleaner but not that brand. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. It dries so much more faster than mopping, so walking on it and the dogs is much faster. I have lots of extra pads. I have about 5 and will use all 5 with the entire house. I love it!

Terri would rather do a traditional mop, she doesn't give any other reason but she "doesn't like it" But I DO

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have one, works good. It will be similar to your swiffer I think. Extra cloth pads are a must, one doesn't cut it here. Leaves a streaky look to wood floors but its nice and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], Do you add a cleaner to it, the instructions just say water??????? I would add Pine-Sol antibacterial or something?????????

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My mom has one and loves it. We have mostly tile here though, and the hardwood is the type that you can't really notice scratches or streaks. But it's so much more easier to use than a mop. Yes, get plenty of extra cloths. She adds a little white vinegar instead of soap in the water so the floors get cleaned yet won't leave it sticky.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Just water. I have two pads, that seems to work for me. The steam disinfects and sterilizes, I wouldn't use product as I would be concerned it would muck up the internal bits.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just water. I will however use a squirt bottle with 50-50 water and vinegar sometimes on really bad areas, (like under our kitchen table lol) just squirt it down before using the swiffer, not a lot tho, just a light spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Mainly use just water (distilled) but at times I will add a little vinegar.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I don't have one, but use a product called bona mixed with water--half and half. The product is already mixed with water ready to use but I water it down. I follow with a dust mop with a removable microfiber pad. It is work but I like the results, gives new life to my tile!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oooh, I am looking to get one of these as well with my Christmas gift cards...are you liking yours [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=3331]Bella[/MENTION]'s Mom - what brand do you have that you LOVE?

I am in desperate need of a way to clean the floors without getting on my hands and knees - the Swiffer is no match for my bullies plus I hate the waste of the pads and the cleaner.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I. Love. Love. Love. My Shark. I didn't even get the spendy one, I think we bought ours for like $60.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I bought the one for $70 and I love it, [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION], so far. I have only used it once and my pourous kitchen tile did look cleaner than a regular mop.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online