Dalton got his wish! :)

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Child fighting late stage Cystic Fibrosis breaks record

x:144
MAGOFFIN COUNTY, KY (WLEX) - A Magoffin County boy is breaking records while fighting for his life. Dalton Dingus is fighting cystic fibrosis, a lung disease, and the 9-year-old has also been trying to set a new Guinness World Record for receiving the most Christmas cards. He passed the record of 35,000 cards yesterday, but he wants to make the record untouchable.

"He wants to open all the boxes," says his mom, Jessica Dingus. "He wants to know how many cards he's got. He gets really excited."

Too many to fit in the house, piles of Christmas cards addressed to Dalton fill boxes on their front porch. Jessica reads the thousands and thousands of cards to her son. Dalton's favorite is a gingerbread man that dances and sings.

The drive started as a post on Facebook. Dalton was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis when he was four and a half years old. A post on facebook said he wanted Christmas cards for Christmas this year. From there, it became a movement that is inspiring people around the world, from his home in Magoffin County, to as far as Australia and Guatemala. People everywhere are sending Dalton Christmas cards, something he and is family are so thankful for.

On Monday, Dalton received 6,000 cards in one day which took him to a little more than 37,000 cards and counting. More than enough to break the current record of 35,000.

"It's just amazing the outpouring of support everyone has shown. It really means a lot to him. It gives him something to look forward to every morning. He wants to know if the mail is here," says Jessica Dingus.

Dalton's Christmas cards earning him a place in the record books, but it's his courage and strength that is touching people the world over.

"He has inspired them to have a goal of their own. He's nine years old and he's sick, yet he still has a goal...and he's done it," says Jessica.

If you would like to help Dalton continue surpassing the record, you can mail a card to:

H.C. 62, Box 1249 Salyersville, KY 41465

Copyright WLEX. All rights reserved.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh wow, what wonderful news! Such a simple wish and so glad it's come true. There's probably a few mailmen dedicated just for his house alone. lol. Still gotta send ours though, tomorrow!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Aww bless his heart!! I think between me, my family and friends we sent out about 18 the beginning of the week. I posted it on my FB wall and had many friends tell me that they were sending some.

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Wow!! Glad he got his wish :) and our friends niece has the same disease. She just had the lung transplant in Saint Louis things were going well but some complications came along now so if can send prayers for Madison. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Wow!! Glad he got his wish :) and our friends niece has the same disease. She just had the lung transplant in Saint Louis things were going well but some complications came along now so if can send prayers for Madison. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Madison is in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
so glad his wish came true and I am happy that one of those cards was from Diesel & Molly :christmas5:

[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION] - Madison is in my thoughts and prayers!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is wonderful, and I havent' even finished writing out my cards yet so mine is yet to come. Let's make this record truly untouchable!!!!! :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.