Wanted to share this info

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Hi all it's Ruckus's mom here. It's been forever so some of you may not know us. Ruckus is doing well. He's in for his neuter as we speak. (finally). We are taking care of or giving a home to a beautiful little girl that was picked up as a stray. Has a beautiful bully face but definitly mixed with something. The people who found her had her scanned. Yup, she's chipped but not registered. For the heck of it we had Ruckus scanned. Same thing came up, not registered. I immediately called the company. This is what I was told. "We do not distribute any info on our registered pets but Ruckus is in our database. Whoever scanned him should have called us and we would have released his info" I just wanted to share this with all of you because I though once a dog was registered that info came up on the scanner. I didn't realize with this company, it's the scanners responsibility to call the company especially if its coming up not registered. We're taking "Lola" to our vet this afternoon to have her rescanned so I can get the actual chip number and hopefully find her family.

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Thanks! I will also be reregistering Ruckus. The company should at least be able to put "registered, please call" or something in their system. Makes me wonder how many dogs out there could be reunited with their owners.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No kidding! I also would have thought that when they get chipped, the vet has the info there if need be. Even if the chip never got registered.

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus was adopted, so our vet didn't do the chip. I'm glad I had our vet scan him for the heck of it or I would have no idea.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
what company is it if you don't mind me asking? I think two of my boys are with one company and one is with a different one. I'll have to check into that the next time I have them at the vet's

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Thanks for the rewelcome, and the chip is AVID and they go through pettrac.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Thanks for the rewelcome, and the chip is AVID and they go through pettrac.

thanks that's who Oliver has is AVID. Remy and Sebastian are with Home Away. I'm going to have my vet scan all the boys and see what comes up

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh welcome back was wondering the other day where you had gone. this is some good info for those who have their pets chipped. i have considered doing sarah but havent yet. hope you find out who the dog belongs to.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for giving the girl a chance at a new life! Great info that you share, as well.... thanks for the reminder. Good to see you back

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Thanks everyone. No luck finding Lola's owners, but I think she found her new fur ever home right here with us. The smile on her face says "thank you"! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355719854.633493.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Maybe the idea is that if the dog HAS a chip that's enough...and that the vet needs to call the company for additional information? Hardly seems fair to the Vet though...to do this kind of leg work when they're healers --- not detectives or office workers.... Next time I'm in to see Dr. Terry, I'm going to ask about that. Both my pups are chipped and I have their chip "tags" (with the number on it) in their vet files....but what good is that if "unregistered" comes up when I know for a FACT that I did whatever was necessary to have their complete dossiers on file with the chip company.....Ugh.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online