Kindle Fire HD . . to order or to not order?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I have credit card reward points, that I've been holding on to for like ever and I finally have enough for something in the $200-$250 value...

So do I go for a Kindle Fire HD ?? I really hate being downstairs on my smart phone, when I'd love to have something bigger (Clearer Bully Pictures) LOL

What is everyone's thoughts . . . I'm not much of a book reader, (havent had time) but I love alot of the games on my Android :)

Yea? Ney ? and no Ipad's listed as a reward for the same or similar points (Cause I know you apple pies will have to say IPAD :p )

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
A Google Nexus $199.00 would give you greater access to Android Apps and there is a Kindle App for it too.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Agreed, buy a tablet for around the same price and then get the kindle app. So much more functionality and not much more money. Plus access to the android market

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I was just debating the same thing for my 8 year old son. I opted for the Samsung galaxy 7 inch tab because I can get droid games and I can purchase ebooks from Barnes, amazon and I can also get the app from the public library. The Kindle HD is nice but it is missing compatability with adobe so some YouTube stuff won't work and you are locked to buy books and games from them. I was also a bit turned off that I essentially had to pay even more, although roughly $25, just so my tablet would be ad less. Sorry that doesn't work for me. If I am purchasing an item, plus all the apps etc, I don't feel they should be allowed to charge me even more money to keep my tablet ad free. Picked up the Samsung tonight. Love that it is open access and the memory is expandable with the addition of a memory stick. Good luck choosing.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I got my kindle fire last year and I use it for everything. I cant wait until Christmas when I get the new hd

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: Can you get gift cards for your points? We just turned in our points a couple months ago..like 10 years worth..:ROFL: We got Best Buy gift cards..we did get a new IPad..but lots of options then.

I know nothing about the Kindle Fire..

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I was just debating the same thing for my 8 year old son. I opted for the Samsung galaxy 7 inch tab because I can get droid games and I can purchase ebooks from Barnes, amazon and I can also get the app from the public library. The Kindle HD is nice but it is missing compatability with adobe so some YouTube stuff won't work and you are locked to buy books and games from them. I was also a bit turned off that I essentially had to pay even more, although roughly $25, just so my tablet would be ad less. Sorry that doesn't work for me. If I am purchasing an item, plus all the apps etc, I don't feel they should be allowed to charge me even more money to keep my tablet ad free. Picked up the Samsung tonight. Love that it is open access and the memory is expandable with the addition of a memory stick. Good luck choosing.

This is exactly what thought and ended up choosing the same tablet. Samsung galaxy 7

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
"Picked up the Samsung tonight. Love that it is open access and the memory is expandable with the addition of a memory stick. Good luck choosing."

I do like the expandable option, maybe I'll look into the Gift Card option that was mentioned, or just sit on the points :) THIS is exactly why I asked for the input :) :)

Thanks again folks :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.