Christmas Movies!!

L

Lucy-licious

Ok Which is your fave...:)

I can't get through Christmas without seeing Elf or Fred Claus
I'm also a sucker for watching Polar Express on Christmas Eve night whilst I'm waiting for Santa to arrive :christmas10:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Well, "A Christmas Story" for sure, as well as "Elf". We also love some that aren't as common, but I think are perfect Christmas movies. "Scrooged" is a must - Bill Murray and everyone is hilarious. "Gremlins" is one of the first things I watch as soon as it is December. And I usually end up watching it several times. My husband loves "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", which isn't my favorite but has some awesome moments.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I think I've watched White Christmas (with Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, and Danny Kaye) just about every Christmas. I know all the songs by heart, so it's probably pretty obnoxious for anyone I sucker into watching it with me.

Christmas Story is another must, as well as The Charlie Brown Christmas Special, and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. And if there is still time, Home Alone. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love so many Christmas movies. The cartoons too- Rudolph, Santa Claus is coming to town, Frosty, yes Virgina there is a Santa Claus....

One of my movie favorites is The Santa Claus with Tim Allen. Love love Elf too! Another funny one is Christmas with the Kranks!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I love all the cartoons, Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, Mickeys Christmas Carol, The little Drummer Boy , The Grinch, plus all the classics National Lampoons Christmas, Elf, Christmas Carol, Polar Express, Arthur, Christmas with the Kranks, Little Women, and Santa Claus 1 and 2 with Tim Allen. I love the couple of weeks before Christmas, when they start playing these movies on TV, each night.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have to...absolutely have to..watch Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. Oh my goodness..the thought if it makes me laugh! It's sitting on my TV just waiting....:up:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Just a couple years b4 my mom died we started a tradition of watching a Christmas movie together as a family during the holiday, and the one that stands out the most is Little Women (the one with Liz Taylor, June Allyson). Love that movie! We also watched It's a Wonderful Life, and I love Miracle on 34th St w/Natalie Wood.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Sadly I haven't seen some of these. We just watched elf and I love that one! I have the TiVo full of movies waiting to watch with the kids. A Christmas story is of course an all time favorite. Need to find it and TiVo it actually. Miracle on 34th street is one that I love!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I like the classics ... It's A Wonderful Life!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Number one favorite all time is Gremlins. My first dog as a child was named Gizmo :) Next would have to be A Christmas Story :) All time favs

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I love Elf and Fred Claus too! Also need to watch The Santa Claus with Tim Allen, Home Alone, and of course the Christmas Story every year. Another big favorite for me is Love Actually!!! That movie gives me the warm fuzzies at Christmas time too :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Christmas Vacation is also on my fav list.. I also enjoy Bad Santa, which I know is in bad taste, but it still makes me laugh.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Oh man, well Christmas Story is a staple in the house that starts after Halloween. Elf is watched all year round as well. Then we have the random's Bad Santa, Fred Clause, Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas, along with all the standard cartoons on DVD. Also Black Christmas to get the horror genre covered as well as about 15 different versions of Scrooged.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have to watch A Christmas Story every year, its a must! My son actually bought me the DVD last year so I don't have to wait for it to be shown on TV. I also like Elf

Most Reactions