Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I don't know what to do!! With everything going on in my life right now, knowing I am going to have to move because the house I've been renting is going into foreclosure, not being able to find a new job and trying to prepare for my son leaving for boot camp in what I thought was going to be January 28th ... WELL ... I got the dreaded phone call this morning!!! My son leaves in 5 days!!!! His leave date just got bumped to December 10th ... I'm happy for him because this is something he wants so bad but as a mom I'm totally crushed all the plans for how we were going to spend our time left just got tossed out the door, I can't let him know but I am so heartbroken right now! I don't know how I'm going to handle all of this without his support and him being here to help :crying:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh crap!
Leave it to the military to mess this up! I'm so sorry. But try not to waste these moments with your son worrying too much. Do you have friends or any of his friends that can help pack you up? Try not to look too far ahead and at too many things. Tackle one thing at a time and check it off your mental load. We are here to cry with you..wish we could physically chip on too. :hug:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] I feel your pain and disappointment but I'm betting you'll amaze yourself at how much you get done once you get started!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I can't let him know but I am so heartbroken right now! I don't know how I'm going to handle all of this without his support and him being here to help :crying:

There is a quote (and I'm sorry, I don't know where it originally came from) that I have been leaning on very hard these past 2 weeks.

"All the strength you need is right there inside you"

You will handle it just fine because you are stronger than you think you are. I know this because you could have not raised a son as great as yours without that strength. It's there, just find it.

When my son left for basic training I somehow managed to keep it together until the car that picked him up drove around the corner. Then I literally collapsed right there on the sidewalk. You will hold it together because that is what he needs from you. And you, as his mother, have ALWAYS given him what he needs.

You'll get through this and I think you will surprise yourself at how well you do it :hug:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh crap!
Leave it to the military to mess this up! I'm so sorry. But try not to waste these moments with your son worrying too much. Do you have friends or any of his friends that can help pack you up? Try not to look too far ahead and at too many things. Tackle one thing at a time and check it off your mental load. We are here to cry with you..wish we could physically chip on too. :hug:

Thank you!! He said he was going to call the guys, all his closest friends let them know what's going on and have them be at the ready with muscle and trucks when it comes time to actually do the move ... I know I can count on them to help so that helps cure that worry. I just put an application for a pharmacy technician position that is open where I use to work so hopefully I can get back into that pharmacy! I also just got an email from my friends that I got my bulldogs from, his father has a rental open and they are sure he would be fine with my dogs so I have to call and get the details on that.

I know I will be ok I'm a pretty tough cookie but oh my gosh I'm just feeling so lost and numb right now, Alex is my only child and my whole world him being gone like this is really going to be difficult to learn how to be without him ... if that makes any sense.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Damn that's a lot at one time, especially right at this time of the year. Sorry to hear about the house and your son leaving early. When my son left to live with his dad (he was 14) he was all I knew really. I discovered myself in a whole new world without him and had to completely readapt on how I did things. It was hard at first but I became stronger as you will. That's really too bad about the short notice like that. I think they actually do that for a reason, the Military needs to be strong and only the strong should survive....well that's my thoughts anyway. You have a LOT on your plate right now that's for sure. We're here for you to vent!! :hug:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
First, be happy for you son since this is something he wants! So instead of worry, spend the time you do have left with him as best as you can. I know it will work out and you will get everything you need to get done!! Good luck and you will do just fine!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:hug: Like already said. Just focus on one thing at a time, you will get through it!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
First, be happy for you son since this is something he wants! So instead of worry, spend the time you do have left with him as best as you can. I know it will work out and you will get everything you need to get done!! Good luck and you will do just fine!!!

I am happy for my son, and very proud of him! I know this is something he has always wanted and I support him 100% ... I just let out my "holy crap batman" freak out and now I'm going to pull up my big girl mommy panties and survive just like I always do!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! for all of your supportive words and comfort!! It really means a lot to me!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I know this is hard , especially at this time of the year , so close to Christmas. The time of the year just makes it harder to let go, but I'm glad that you have some positive news in that you might be able to get your old job back, I crossing everything for you right now, and it's great news that you would have a place that would allow your dogs,that is so great, plus you would be close to your family again, so would have the support of family, and probably old friends. Your also lucky your son has such nice friends who are willing to help you move. All in all you are quite blessed. Just take it one day at a time, and start packing now, when i move, I usually start by packing all the non essential things, keep only what you need , one dish setting , even buy paper cups, two towels, and just keep washing them, things that are in your closets that you aren't using, etc , then by the time you move, most things will be packed, and you'll only have the big items like furniture to move . You can make the last few days special for you and your son, have your Christmas Dinner with him, go see a good movie together, or rent a good movie, make some popcorn, get some munchies and goodies, hot chocolate, and sit in and enjoy yourselves together, exchange your gifts, and do something really fun and silly to create a memory , like going to the mall and getting your picture taken together with Santa. I hope things really work out for you with your move and job. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and love your way.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I echo all the support the others have stated.... you will pull through... one day and one thing at a time.

:hug:

M

mabel lou

Well you could do what I did. I was pathetic and one day I found myself ordering a pizza and when the guy came to deliver it I paid him and went into my room crawled into my bed and with pizza in hand opened it and stuffed my face while watching tv and eating pizza right out of the box with no plate just a boo hoo ing and I am not kidding you I really was pathetic because that was the only full time job I had ever done so beautifully in my entire life and it hit me hard when I realized I am in bed eating pizza and I felt kind of lost. I slept well after that truth of mine to myself and I got up the next day and began in search of significance for myself because now it was just about me. Today I love the fact that he is better than better and I love my life. It takes time and it is ok to be sad and cry or whatever feeling you may feel. Letting go knowing that you let them go to grow is the greatest thing a mother can ever do.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.