Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Well I'm certainly glad I have EBN to brighten my mood ... I got some bad news that is putting a damper on my spirits!! I relocated almost 3 years ago to where I'm living now to be closer to my son, well as I've mentioned on here already he has joined the Marines and leaves for boot camp on January 28th (which isn't the bad news LOL) ... We have been renting this great little house for the 3 years that I've been over here and I absolutely love this little house but today I got a call from my landlady and she said that the bank isn't willing to work with her and the house will be going into foreclosure, she has done all she can to help me and because of a lease etc. the bank will have to do a cash for keys settlement with me, which is going to help a lot, they have to buy me out of my lease so will give me a nest egg to get into another place ... it's just finding another place that will accept my 3 dogs that will be difficult ... I've applied for a job in the pharmacy I used to work for before I moved over here ... keep me in your prayers that I am able to get it, if I can find work over there at least when my son leaves me in January I will be back over where all my family and friends live. So stressful I just hate moving and I'm so worried about finding work and a new place to live ... I just want to crawl into a hole and cry!!!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
If the house is going into foreclosure can you buy it at a reduced price should you want to stay put?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
If you are in a financial situation to buy, that would be great - another thing to look at, the Bank probably doesnt want the house to sit empty - I'm not sure if they are set up for 'renters' or not, but it might be something to investigate, and lastly, the foreclosure/sheriff sales process, takes almost 2 years (In Delaware) I'm not sure how far into the process your landlady is.

Good luck, we are thinking of you !

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I've considered that and have actually talked to her about it but I am having trouble finding work over here, pharmacy technician jobs are few and far between in this area so that is the only thing keeping me from trying to purchase the house ... I don't know maybe it's a hidden blessing, maybe I am meant to move back closer to my family and not stay over here when my son leaves. I guess I will just have to ride the tide and see where it takes me !?!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Where is your home? Maybe your family can start looking for a place for you to live, as well as keep their eye out for jobs in your field in the paper. I hope and pray you are successful in getting your old job back. That would definetly be one less thing to worry about. Moving is very stressful as it is , without having to worry about finding a place that accepts pets. I know here in Canada where I live , there are very many landlords that don't accept pets, ones that do are far and few before. If you end up moving back home, is there a family member you could stay with until you find a place? You could take an add in the paper to look for a landlord who is willing to take pets, sometimes if you go out a little out of the city, you might find a little house in the country with a bit of property, and the owners might not mind animals. Also have you tried negotiating with the bank, or new owners to see if they would be willing to keep you on as a tenant? Just some options to think about. I hope you find a solution soon . Good luck Hun, try not to worry too much, sometimes things just work out. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your gang.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Where is home/family?

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
So sorry for your bad news! I agree that foreclosures are not a quick thing and maybe the bank will be ok with you staying there. If not, they may have to help you find a rental that allows dogs. I would start talking this up right away! And pleeeeease tell your son THANKYOU for his service. All service men and women are my heroes!! I will say extra prayers tonight and every night for you both!!HUGS

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Where is home/family?

Still Northern California but over on the coast a small town called McKinleyville, closest bigger town is Eureka

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I would cut my losses and take it as a sign that you should try to get your old job back and move near where you have family as before. In my experience, banks do not care about foreclosed properties and are not smart enough to accept offers that are in both your best interests. If you make the effort I am sure everything will work out for the best. I actually offered for a house I thought was in pre-foreclosure. The bank did not even consider my offer. They had moved forward with the foreclosure and were working with a special broker. The house wound up selling for $55,000 less than my offer! Look for something free and clear!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Well I'm certainly glad I have EBN to brighten my mood ... I got some bad news that is putting a damper on my spirits!! I relocated almost 3 years ago to where I'm living now to be closer to my son, well as I've mentioned on here already he has joined the Marines and leaves for boot camp on January 28th (which isn't the bad news LOL) ... We have been renting this great little house for the 3 years that I've been over here and I absolutely love this little house but today I got a call from my landlady and she said that the bank isn't willing to work with her and the house will be going into foreclosure, she has done all she can to help me and because of a lease etc. the bank will have to do a cash for keys settlement with me, which is going to help a lot, they have to buy me out of my lease so will give me a nest egg to get into another place ... it's just finding another place that will accept my 3 dogs that will be difficult ... I've applied for a job in the pharmacy I used to work for before I moved over here ... keep me in your prayers that I am able to get it, if I can find work over there at least when my son leaves me in January I will be back over where all my family and friends live. So stressful I just hate moving and I'm so worried about finding work and a new place to live ... I just want to crawl into a hole and cry!!!

My husband and I are Realtors here in Florida and are Foreclosures agents for a number of banks. If you want to PM me I can try to give you the best information possible on what the process is in your areas and how long you might be able to stay in your house. it sounds like the foreclosure is in the latter stages if they are offering "cash for keys" Any addtitional information you can provide ( example, bank that is involved in the forclosure etc) will help me with giving you the best "advice" possible. You can be assured that anything you provide to me will be strictly confidential. I just want to help out a fellow EBN member. Ann

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through, but I too agree maybe it is a sign you need to move back home and then you will have company while your son is away. Moving is really not a nice thing to do exspecially when you are settled, I am sure in time you will come to the right decision for you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope everythings works our well for you and your furbabies.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
My heart goes out to you. So many things at once. You seem like such a wise and thoughtful person and I wish you all the very best at coming to the right decision for you and your Bullies. Be extra gentle with yourself for the next little while. My thoughts are with you.
Big hugs.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Please don't crawl into a hole and cry. I'm so sorry you have all this on your plate at once. Well..not only at once, but just at ALL. Our family is really struggling right now with crapola too so I know how hard it is to just move forward. I agree ..I would take this as a sign it wouldn't be the best thing for you to be alone and you are getting a wee push in the right direction. No matter where you end up, the great thing is..WE WILL BE THERE TOO! Good luck Sweety...:hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't really add to the suggestions you've already been given ..... except to give you a HUGE hug and then let you know that for a lot of people 2012 has been the worst year EVER. Which means that in 2013 everything is going to just get better and better and BETTER. So although it may seem a little overwhelming right now you must realise that in a months time it's going to improve!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my sorry to read this but yes sometimes life gives us a shove in the right direction even if we dont know it. you have already gotten suggestions so ill just send you well wishes and luck on whatever u decide and yes we will be whereever you end up. :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.