Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default help me she is driving me nuts

I have a new neighbour, yes she is nice, yes she is friendly.
    But every single day she knocks on my door to come over for a coffee, I dont mind now and again but not every freackin day it is really beginning to give me the . today as soon as my hubby went to work at 10.20am within half an hour knockin on the door she must look to see if his car is gone.
    I have started to close my house up partially close the blinds and put on the airconditioner so it looks like i'm not home as my car is in the garage, but I really should not have to do this and I don't want to be rude to her but what else can I do instead of hiding in my own flaming house.
    And other days when I am sitting out the back talking to my hubby, daughter, son or a visitor she appears at the fence and starts talking to Ftse, yes she does have a husband and he is retired but he is away for a few weeks and he returns this Friday so maybe she is lonely but really is this my prblem? I just dont have the time or need to see my neighbours every single day. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [replacer_img]

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

you must invite her in when she knocks right, as I'm sure she doesn't just waltz in, so stop inviting her! Doesn't have to be in a rude way, but
    What about if the next few times she knocks you just tell her you would love to but don't time, andd then the next time don't answer. And the time after that just say no without an explanation. I am sure she will eventually get the not as subtle hint

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

I'm of no help, I would be hiding in my own home too!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

That's a tough one, how do you tell someone No, without seeming or being rude? I'm no good at that at all. I'm lucky here , you never really see your neighbours, everyone is at work during the week, it is a very quiet complex. Most of my neighbours are young couples with no children yet, or older retired couples, there are 4 or 5 single young people, I have one neighbour who is really old, and her daughter and son in law who are in their late 50's have moved in to look after her. Their a few couples with young children, and then there is us with a grandson, 2 grown kids, and 2 Furbabies. There bare only 32 units in this complex and they are condos, so we have a company that comes in here and does all our maintenance. It's pretty quiet. When your neighbour comes to the for, you could just tell her, I'm sorry right now is not a really good time, as I'm busy cleaning, or cooking, or on the phone, or what ever excuse you want to give her, and when you are in the backyard, with your family or with visitors, she shouldn't be inviting herself or intruding, uninvited, but since she doesn't have that radar, or sense then you can say, it's not a good time to visit right now, as I'm entertaining right now, or I have company, I'll talk to you later. Or even if you are in the backyard with your family, you can always say I'm just having dinner with my family , I'll talk to you later. Hopefully she will get the hint.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

This is a tough one...hopefully it's temporary and when her hubby gets back either HE will point out that she shouldn't be coming every day...OR she will be busy! The only way she will stop, is if you aren't home....or you just tell her you really don't want to hurt her feelings...but you just don't have the time to sit every day for coffee. Good Luck..guess you are just too nice and fun...

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

Maybe something like Jakeisgreat said. Next time you let her in for coffee, when you are done, say Gee, this was great. Wish I had time everyday to do this, but I don't. I hope you can stop by on Wednesday again. That way you keep a friendship, but more on your terms.
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Instead of handing her coffee, give her a dust mop and polishing spray and say I'm just too busy to stop now but if you want to stick around you can help with the chores.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yea, see I am different.... I'd be telling her at the door, sorry no time to chat I have things to do
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Ooooh, that would irritate the holy heck out of me. I am the type of person that prefers a call before a visit. Lets hope that friday when hubby gets home she relaxes some. This is why I stay in my bubble and dont get too chatty. LOL!!!!!

Lucy-licious

I'd tell her straight tbh......I'm really loving your company but I just can't do this every day cos I got stuff to do. Honesty is always the best policy...if she figures out your hiding she might get upset anyway...better to say xx

mabel lou

I totally agree with the upfront talk. I would greet her at the door with my coffee in my hand and talk for a minute and then say "well I need to go now because I need to get my day started, hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping" and then close your door politely. But then my son always says I say it like it is and some like that about me and others misunderstand me.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I would be open and honest and just let her know you have a hectic busy schedule and it is difficult to schedule daily coffee breaks. lol Sometimes there is just no easy way, be gentle but firm. Good luck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads