Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 41

Thread: help me she is driving me nuts

  1. #25
    Bully Bootie Duty Deestar's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dee
    Location
    Woodbridge Township, NJ
    Posts
    156
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    I have a neighbor like that. I finally got the situation under control by sending subtle messages. When I see her I keep walking as I wave hello to her. I never stop to chat. Sometimes when she calls I don't answer because I know it will be something silly. If she leaves a message for me to call her back I just don't. The phone is for my convenience, not for her to pester me, so I don't feel bad at all for not returning the call.

    The key is to be polite and civil but not welcoming. I call it putting an "invisible shield" around me. I put a smile on my face and wave when I see her but I keep moving, never getting into a conversation or even standing still long enough for one to get started. If she knocks on the door I open it just enough to stick my head out and say "What's up?" She has gotten the message without me having to be rude. Good luck!

  2. #26
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by luseaann View Post
    @Baconator! Down girl! Play nice!

    LMAO!!! @Baconator, you will never hear the end of this girlfriend

  3. #27
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    I have a new neighbour, yes she is nice, yes she is friendly.
    But every single day she knocks on my door to come over for a coffee, I dont mind now and again but not every freackin day it is really beginning to give me the . today as soon as my hubby went to work at 10.20am within half an hour knockin on the door she must look to see if his car is gone.
    I have started to close my house up partially close the blinds and put on the airconditioner so it looks like i'm not home as my car is in the garage, but I really should not have to do this and I don't want to be rude to her but what else can I do instead of hiding in my own flaming house.
    And other days when I am sitting out the back talking to my hubby, daughter, son or a visitor she appears at the fence and starts talking to Ftse, yes she does have a husband and he is retired but he is away for a few weeks and he returns this Friday so maybe she is lonely but really is this my prblem? I just dont have the time or need to see my neighbours every single day. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [replacer_img]

    i'd turn the tables, make her hide in HER house..... and show up at her house before she comes over, everyday. kind of like a pre-emptive strike maybe when you're walking Ftse early in the morning. you and Ftse both visit, and talk - talk about dog toys and treats, allergies and cherry eye...everyday. anything she says, take it back to Ftse and grain-free food. make her think you're the most boring person ever.

  4. #28
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    I have a new neighbour, yes she is nice, yes she is friendly.
    But every single day she knocks on my door to come over for a coffee, I dont mind now and again but not every freackin day it is really beginning to give me the . today as soon as my hubby went to work at 10.20am within half an hour knockin on the door she must look to see if his car is gone.
    I have started to close my house up partially close the blinds and put on the airconditioner so it looks like i'm not home as my car is in the garage, but I really should not have to do this and I don't want to be rude to her but what else can I do instead of hiding in my own flaming house.
    And other days when I am sitting out the back talking to my hubby, daughter, son or a visitor she appears at the fence and starts talking to Ftse, yes she does have a husband and he is retired but he is away for a few weeks and he returns this Friday so maybe she is lonely but really is this my prblem? I just dont have the time or need to see my neighbours every single day. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [replacer_img]

    Julie, I saw this earlier and meant to get back her to give you my thoughts. I haven't read what's above so I may repeat someone. What about watching for her to come over one morning, have all your stuff ready, purse in hand, keys, etc. and then just as she knocks on the door go to the car and get in and start it and go somewhere. YOu can say to her, or sorry I can't have coffee with you today, I have an appointment. That way if you did that a couple of times (I know you shouldn't have to) but, if you did, she may get the hint that she can't just come over every day without being insulted.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  5. #29
    BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Location
    Fontana, CA
    Posts
    3,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Can't you just pretend to have Laryngitis? Just wear a sign that you have something contagious.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

  6. #30
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Ftse 100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    6,774
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1963

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    I am laughing so much reading all these, well I couldn't believe it today when we were sitting out the back with visitors they both came out and started taliking to us all like they were in our yard and my hubby was home he just walked inside shaking his head but now the problem is he aint as nice as me he can be rather rude. You relly do have to lugh at some people I am while I am writing this.

    Maybe I need to sell and move LOL to get some freakin peace before I have a fit.
    Last edited by Ftse 100; 12-05-2012 at 11:13 PM.

  7. #31
    Dog Park Attendant Noyes27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Posts
    420
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Lol maybe a giddy fit is just what she needs to get the hint

    Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

  8. #32
    .........
    Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    2,981
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    LMAO!!! @Baconator, you will never hear the end of this girlfriend

    GGGRREEEAAAATT!!!!

  9. #33
    Dog Groomer
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    608
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    i'd turn the tables, make her hide in HER house..... and show up at her house before she comes over, everyday. kind of like a pre-emptive strike maybe when you're walking Ftse early in the morning. you and Ftse both visit, and talk - talk about dog toys and treats, allergies and cherry eye...everyday. anything she says, take it back to Ftse and grain-free food. make her think you're the most boring person ever.
    I like this idea. Talk about the board. Talk about the dogs you know from the board. Be obsessive. Brush, pet and play with the dog while talking to her. If you have a portable internet de3vice, even a smartphone, come to the site and read it while talking to her. Read them outloud - Oh listen to this..... She'll either get into bulldogs or run away screaming after a couple of days of your stearing all conversation to one topic of your choice. Mawqahahaha

  10. #34
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    i'd turn the tables, make her hide in HER house..... and show up at her house before she comes over, everyday. kind of like a pre-emptive strike maybe when you're walking Ftse early in the morning. you and Ftse both visit, and talk - talk about dog toys and treats, allergies and cherry eye...everyday. anything she says, take it back to Ftse and grain-free food. make her think you're the most boring person ever.
    Lol this reminds me of..... ME!!!! Lmao

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  11. #35
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    I like this idea. Talk about the board. Talk about the dogs you know from the board. Be obsessive. Brush, pet and play with the dog while talking to her. If you have a portable internet de3vice, even a smartphone, come to the site and read it while talking to her. Read them outloud - Oh listen to this..... She'll either get into bulldogs or run away screaming after a couple of days of your stearing all conversation to one topic of your choice. Mawqahahaha

    hahahahaha! that is one extra layer of torture LOL

  12. #36
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Ftse 100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    6,774
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1963

    Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

    Just can't believe it hubby is as bad as her, so I have got a double whammy with the wacky couple lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •