Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help me she is driving me nuts

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: help me she is driving me nuts

Unless she's bringing both her and you coffee, there's nothing that says you have to offer her some. Turn the pot off when hubby leaves and dump what's left. You can make yourself more later.

There's nothing that says you have to talk to her if she's talking to the dog over the fence. Ignore her unless she addresses you directly. My neighbor comes over to talk to the dogs all the time. He wants to talk to the dogs, not me, so he does. LOL You know they're great for sharing your secrets with. Maybe she's sharing hers.

Put up a Do Not Disturb sign on your door knob. Have a variety of them - Do Not Disturb - taking a bath; taking a nap; busy, busy, busy; bad case of the grumpies... you get the idea. Leave it down if you feel up to a chat. Hubby can stick one on the door know on his way out.

The poor thing is lonely and if she's just moved in, disoriented. Find out what she enjoyed doing at her old home and direct her to places that offer the same kind of activities. She's probably lucky to be able to find the grocery store at this point. Check you're area's web pages for activity directories and print her one if you can't email a link to her.

Now, if she comes from a culture where sharing daily coffee with the neighbors is what you do (my Mom and our neighbors did that in the 1950s but the women didn't have cars even if they could drive) you've a different problem.

mabel lou

Christmas gift for the neighbor go buy a coffee pot and some coffee and tell her one day maybe she can make the coffee and if your available maybe you could stop over and have a cup. This will at least get her to make her own coffee (maybe she don't own a coffee pot) and will also let her know that IF your available. But again this is being me and the way I do things lol. Good luck

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Electrify the door knob, if that doesn't work watch Home Alone for more suggestions

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    Unless she's bringing both her and you coffee, there's nothing that says you have to offer her some. Turn the pot off when hubby leaves and dump what's left. You can make yourself more later.

There's nothing that says you have to talk to her if she's talking to the dog over the fence. Ignore her unless she addresses you directly. My neighbor comes over to talk to the dogs all the time. He wants to talk to the dogs, not me, so he does. LOL You know they're great for sharing your secrets with. Maybe she's sharing hers.

Put up a Do Not Disturb sign on your door knob. Have a variety of them - Do Not Disturb - taking a bath; taking a nap; busy, busy, busy; bad case of the grumpies... you get the idea. Leave it down if you feel up to a chat. Hubby can stick one on the door know on his way out.

The poor thing is lonely and if she's just moved in, disoriented. Find out what she enjoyed doing at her old home and direct her to places that offer the same kind of activities. She's probably lucky to be able to find the grocery store at this point. Check you're area's web pages for activity directories and print her one if you can't email a link to her.

Now, if she comes from a culture where sharing daily coffee with the neighbors is what you do (my Mom and our neighbors did that in the 1950s but the women didn't have cars even if they could drive) you've a different problem.

I kind of fell sorry for her and hope you'll point her in the direction of finding new friends in a new neighborhood. You may be the only person she's met so far.

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

@Baconator! Down girl! Play nice!
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by luseaann View Post
    @Baconator! Down girl! Play nice!
    Gender Check Aisle 4, We need a Gender Check for Baconator on Aisle 4 please

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Gender Check Aisle 4, We need a Gender Check for Baconator on Aisle 4 please
    Did I assume and make an a$$ out of "U" and "me!"
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Yea, see I am different.... I'd be telling her at the door, sorry no time to chat I have things to do
    Exactly, and it would be the truth because I don't have that kind of free time. Sounds like after your husband leaves for work would be a good time to walk Ftse!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by luseaann View Post
    Did I assume and make an a$$ out of "U" and "me!"
    It's all good @thesspa is Bacon's mommy

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Electrify the door knob, if that doesn't work watch Home Alone for more suggestions
    Funny Funny you make me laugh

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Well when I was outside this morning she came out and told me she came over twice yesterday and I said Oh I heard a knock early this morning but I was doing my books to catch up while being away and sorry but I don't answer the door or phone while I am doing them otherwise when I go back I stuff them up and I didn't hear anyone else knocking she said Ftse was barking so I just said well that happens when any one walks up the street so sorry I didn't take any notice and I told her I am just trying to catch up on everything since I have left work just before going on holidays and I really need to catch up with stuff you know what that is like and then she told me her hubby is coming home today early instead of the 14th, so I did tell the truth with a bit of exageration and all is well. She moved in in Sep this the family that Ftse cut his nose the day they moved in, I'm not saying I dont want to be friends but once a month is good fo me. I am not the real chatty type with neighbours I believe you cn get to friendly with the neghbours and then the drama starts.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

sounds like she is just lonely and hopefully she will meet someone else in the neighborhood that is the chatty type till then just see her when u want and tell her youve got stuff to do the times you dont. i think that would bug me to someone over every single day. hopefully hubby being home will help the situation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads