A really unnecessary rant about window candles

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I realize this is totally unnecessary and against the holiday spirit, but I just bought the WORST window candles ever. What is with these new flickering candles? They were orange, scary, and clashed with my outdoor LED Christmas lights. It was seriously a Halloween nightmare. Definitely buying new ones... but will totally save these for next October. What gives?!?!

:cursing:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
That's okay - sometimes we need to rant about things (especially around the holidays) to keep us sane and happy. I have never bought window candles but I have a rant against how cheaply made Christmas lights are. We bought three long strands last year of large bulb lights and 1 had several broken inside the box, which we promptly returned, 1 didn't even light up, and the other, which started out great, slowly lost function. It was multi-color, then the blue stopped working, then it was red, then blue went back on, then green went out, until finally the only color bulbs that worked were orange. Trying to find humor in it, I wanted to use that strand for Halloween this year (like your window candles! lol) but now none of the bulbs work. We will never buy that brand of lights again.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
That's okay - sometimes we need to rant about things (especially around the holidays) to keep us sane and happy. I have never bought window candles but I have a rant against how cheaply made Christmas lights are. We bought three long strands last year of large bulb lights and 1 had several broken inside the box, which we promptly returned, 1 didn't even light up, and the other, which started out great, slowly lost function. It was multi-color, then the blue stopped working, then it was red, then blue went back on, then green went out, until finally the only color bulbs that worked were orange. Trying to find humor in it, I wanted to use that strand for Halloween this year (like your window candles! lol) but now none of the bulbs work. We will never buy that brand of lights again.

EGADS! Sometimes I wonder if companies are really giving us what we want - cheapest made in china - or are just getting cheap?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
EGADS! Sometimes I wonder if companies are really giving us what we want - cheapest made in china - or are just getting cheap?

Well I know these were definitely cheaply made. Luckily, we found some awesome lights and so far none of the 6 strands we bought have malfunctioned. So we will stick with this brand from now on. We ended up joking about that string of lights because when we came home, we never knew what color it might be that night!

L

Lucy-licious

oh do be careful buying cheap lights...they have a nasty habit of catching fire :eek:

I personally don't like the new LED lights...electric blue, lime green, shocking pink and bright white??? whatever happened to red, green, blue and yellow :christmas26:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am hoping to find some nice ones at a country store out in Lancaster next weekend... I, as you, HATE the cheap crap they have in the big box stores anymore.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I realize this is totally unnecessary and against the holiday spirit, but I just bought the WORST window candles ever. What is with these new flickering candles? They were orange, scary, and clashed with my outdoor LED Christmas lights. It was seriously a Halloween nightmare. Definitely buying new ones... but will totally save these for next October. What gives?!?!

:cursing:

I am hoping to find some nice ones at a country store out in Lancaster next weekend... I, as you, HATE the cheap crap they have in the big box stores anymore.

My problem isn't with the quality of the lights. It's the way people just throw them in the air and leave them where they land. Honestly, if you're going through the trouble of putting them up you should at least put a little effort into it. We have this weird tradition... the kids and I drive around on Christmas Eve picking out the badly decorated houses. The think it's funny when I rant and rave about badly lit trees. One time, a house got so under my skin that I put a note in their mailbox :victory:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
One time, a house got so under my skin that I put a note in their mailbox :victory:

And, why does this NOT surprise me!!! :laugh:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Christmas Vacation??

This was last year after the first round of lights many more went up after this and there will be more this year then last year. I was having a "let's see who can add more lights" battle with my neighbor. I guess I should be expecting a letter in my mailbox from [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

393734_10150467534891979_1700571351_n.jpg

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
This was last year after the first round of lights many more went up after this and there will be more this year then last year. I was having a "let's see who can add more lights" battle with my neighbor. I guess I should be expecting a letter in my mailbox from @Twice

View attachment 31359

hey now :ashamed: I'm not THAT bad

Your house looks very nice sir

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.