Traditional Christmas Dinner or not

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We are at my mother's this year for Christmas so it will be fish and pasta 27 ways Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we will have prime rib

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Christmas Eve we have fish only, 7 different fishes all different ways. Christmas Day is homemade lasagna, all different meats (cooked in the gravy) meatballs, neck boness, pig boness, etc) Of course antipasto both days except Xmas eve meatless antipasto :) Love Love Christmas dinners :) My fav holiday food!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
We're having southern gumbo for Christmas.... Christmas Eve we're having potstickers, pop tarts and french fries! :2thumbs:

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
We are doing Prime Rib this year. I'm not a fan of Turkey so I grudgingly cook it for the family on Thanksgiving. Christmas is my choice.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So much fun reading all these posts...making me hungry!

For the past 8 years or so I've celebrated Christmas Day at my great aunt and uncle's house. All the cousins get together there for lunch and we eat a traditional Indonesian meal. Indonesian food is sort of a cross between Chinese and Thai with an emphasis on spicy and coconut milk. Lots of different meats cooked in various ways...fried chicken, beef, roast pork, all served with "nasi kuning" or "yellow rice"--rice infused with tumeric. There's also gado-gado which is steamed vegetables with peanut sauce and shrimp chips, and noodle dishes.
It's one of my favorite foods on the planet!

I also just bought a 12lb turkey so i'm hoping to roast that on the day after X-mas.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So much fun reading all these posts...making me hungry!

For the past 8 years or so I've celebrated Christmas Day at my great aunt and uncle's house. All the cousins get together there for lunch and we eat a traditional Indonesian meal. Indonesian food is sort of a cross between Chinese and Thai with an emphasis on spicy and coconut milk. Lots of different meats cooked in various ways...fried chicken, beef, roast pork, all served with "nasi kuning" or "yellow rice"--rice infused with tumeric. There's also gado-gado which is steamed vegetables with peanut sauce and shrimp chips, and noodle dishes.
It's one of my favorite foods on the planet!

I also just bought a 12lb turkey so i'm hoping to roast that on the day after X-mas.

That sounds nice, when we come over there the first place we go to eat is always PF Changs in Rosecrans ave LA, love it!!
Chinese food here taste like :poo: so we dont eat it here.

Henny Enjoy your Christmas with all your cousins and Aunts and uncles and your brothers family and of course Tate and Finn .:christmas26:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.