Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We have the traditional Christmas Dinner even though it very hot on Christmas day, I grew up in the UK and I have carried on the tradition of the hot Christmas dinner and my kids love the Yorkshire pudding along with the ham, turkey, chicken and pork and all te veg's plum pudding, mince pies, fruit fruit cake etc.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I like traditional but with my family whatever is easier we do. Had Xmas day at our house lAst year and made pastichio (pasta) while everyone brought a dish. My mil always makes lasagna for Xmas so that is tradition as well. Thanksgiving is the only guarantee for traditional turkey dinner.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We have made it our tradition over the last few years to have prime rib for holiday dinners.

But this year we broke that tradition and for Thanksgiving had a duck for the first time ever. It was good, but I don't know if it'll be something we do for a holiday dinner again, although we will make duck again.

I managed a 4 day weekend for Christmas by taking Monday off.
It's been 4 days of eating and vegetating.
Saturday breakfast was bacon, eggs and toast, Lunch was grilled cheese sandwiches, and in the evening we started the royal feasting with a pound of cold shrimp. Some cheese and crackers and wine.
Sunday's decadence began by going out to Denny's for breakfast, followed by a Luncheon Birthday Party for the neighbor and they served Roast Beef, Fried Chicken, Green Beans, Country Mashed potatoes and gravy and salad. We had Filet Minion for dinner, Nothing else, just the steak because we had already had so much other stuff earlier.
Yesterday we had Scrumptious Biscuits and Gravy for Breakfast. Loaded Nacho's for lunch and Snow Crab legs and Artichokes for dinner.
Christmas Day started with Cinnamon Pecan rolls and for dinner we are having Prime Rib roast with twice baked potatoes, Aunt Ruth's Carrot casserole, Stuffed Mushroom Sage Dressing and Dinner rolls, Cranberry Sauce.

I had managed to lose about 15 lbs a few months ago.....I've probably put half of that back on this weekend alone!

I have a 4 day weekend next weekend too...I've already told Bruce that one needs to be productive...not like this one.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
being half-Italian we have no choice but to have a big traditional dinner on holiday's.... there is a meat (turkey, ham, pork) and of course some form of pasta... lots and lots of food

L

Lucy-licious

Roast Turkey, roast ham, chipolatas, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, sprouts, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and a Yorkshire pudding.

followed by rich Christmas Pudding with brandy sauce. YUMMY!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
This is a big year in my home, since my son will be in the Military I've decided to go big with all the holiday festivities so for Thanksgiving we had a big traditional (for my family) meal Turkey, Stuffing/Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Deviled Eggs, and just for him we had Goose too ... for Christmas we will do the same traditional meal minus the Goose LOL

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Always traditional Thanksgiving and mix it up for Christmas, sometimes Lasagna and sometimes seafood, sometimes Prime rib and then it just all depends on the cook,(which is me)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
One year I did a "Build Your Own Tostada Bar" for Christmas Day dinner here. It was fabulous and everyone loved it. I had everything you can IMAGINE to put on a Tostada from black beans to avocados to lime slices.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We do a prime rib on the rotisserie, it is so good!! But I also have a ham so not sure. Maybe prime rib on Christmas eve and ham on Christmas day.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Having lived in England until 5 years ago I had never celebrated Thanksgiving (obviously) .... and so Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day were always the big feasts for me. I always hosted .. because I love to cook so much.

So Christmas Day is usually Roast Goose, Duck or Turkey (occasionally pheasant) with Stuffing, Chippolatas, Roast Potatoes, mashed potoates, sprouts, carrots, sweetcorn, broccoli, cauliflower cheese, and gravy. Then dessert was always Christmas pudding with Brandy butter and fresh whipped cream, or warm Mince Pies.

Boxing Day is lighter ....... Usually a late afternoon buffet of all kinds of what I like to call "party foods" and whatever I can make out of the leftovers from Christmas Day.

New Years Day ... Roast beef or Roast lamb or Roast Pork with gravy, roast potatoes, and another selection of veggies. Dessert is usually some form of baked cheesecake, or gateau.

And now I'm hungry ..................... :blush2:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ours is untraditional. Mike has a very small family (it's only him, his sister and a cousin left of their lineage). My Mom will be here this year but not my son. Over the last several years I prefer to do a Christmas Eve dinner instead of Christmas Day. I just don't want to spend my Christmas Day cooking. We do a prime rib (this year's will be a 10 pounder) and king crab legs, and then a few other goodies. Then for Christmas Day we'll have prime rib hoogie sandwiches. :christmas18: If Mike's sister or his sister's other half cook anything and bring it over we do not eat it, they're not the cleanest in the cooking area, lol.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ours is untraditional. Mike has a very small family (it's only him, his sister and a cousin left of their lineage). My Mom will be here this year but not my son. Over the last several years I prefer to do a Christmas Eve dinner instead of Christmas Day. I just don't want to spend my Christmas Day cooking. We do a prime rib (this year's will be a 10 pounder) and king crab legs, and then a few other goodies. Then for Christmas Day we'll have prime rib hoogie sandwiches. :christmas18: If Mike's sister or his sister's other half cook anything and bring it over we do not eat it, they're not the cleanest in the cooking area, lol.

Oh Jeannie you make me laugh when I read your posts:2thumbs:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
We are having a traditional meal with turkey and ham. Oh and my fav baked mac and cheese!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My own family ( myself, husband , son, daughter, son in law, and Grandson) get together at my daughters house on Christmas Eve, we usually order Chinese Food and have all kinds of munchie foods, we usually watch Christmas movies, and listen to Christmas music, and we open one present. Everyone in my family stays home with their own families and does their own thing too, but usually my sister and i will somehow come together that night as well. Then on the 25th, my whole family ( all 5 of us siblings, and our spouses, and all 11 grandchildren ) gets together for a traditional turkey Christmas Dinner. We do it a little different these days, as my Mom always did the dinner, but now that she is 72 , we all help. My mother still makes the turkey, I make all the vegetables, usually mashed potatoes, green beans, Brussels sprouts and carrots, mashed turnip and carrots with butter and brown sugar, my sister makes a salad and takes care of all the desserts , we usually have cheese cake, pumpkin or apple pies with vanilla ice cream , we also have European chocolates, cashew nuts, cookies, shrimp rings with salsa, veggies and dips and other goodies throughout the house for nibbling on. We usually eat early around 4:00 , and then we all open our presents in the evening, we make one person designated Santa and they pass out the gifts one at a time and everyone gets to see what each person got. Another tradition we started a few years ago is we pick a name for Kris Kringle gifts. Our family has become so big now, so we buy for all the kids, but the adults names get put in a bag, and at Thanksgiving when we are all together we pick names and you buy for the person you pick, we have a $100 limit, so everyone gets a gift.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
We have my husband's side of the family over on Christmas Eve which is usually just sandwiches and other munchies. We open gifts from each other and then on Christmas Day it's usually just myself, Ron, and his sister. My kids usually go to their dad's house on Christmas Day after opening gifts here and eating my Mamaw's breakfast casserole that I continue to make even though she passed away 6 years ago. Then dinner is prime rib alternating every other year with turkey and ham. This year it's prime rib.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.