Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Traditional Christmas Dinner or not

We are having a traditional meal with turkey and ham. Oh and my fav baked mac and cheese!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

My own family ( myself, husband , son, daughter, son in law, and Grandson) get together at my daughters house on Christmas Eve, we usually order Chinese Food and have all kinds of munchie foods, we usually watch Christmas movies, and listen to Christmas music, and we open one present. Everyone in my family stays home with their own families and does their own thing too, but usually my sister and i will somehow come together that night as well. Then on the 25th, my whole family ( all 5 of us siblings, and our spouses, and all 11 grandchildren ) gets together for a traditional turkey Christmas Dinner. We do it a little different these days, as my Mom always did the dinner, but now that she is 72 , we all help. My mother still makes the turkey, I make all the vegetables, usually mashed potatoes, green beans, Brussels sprouts and carrots, mashed turnip and carrots with butter and brown sugar, my sister makes a salad and takes care of all the desserts , we usually have cheese cake, pumpkin or apple pies with vanilla ice cream , we also have European chocolates, cashew nuts, cookies, shrimp rings with salsa, veggies and dips and other goodies throughout the house for nibbling on. We usually eat early around 4:00 , and then we all open our presents in the evening, we make one person designated Santa and they pass out the gifts one at a time and everyone gets to see what each person got. Another tradition we started a few years ago is we pick a name for Kris Kringle gifts. Our family has become so big now, so we buy for all the kids, but the adults names get put in a bag, and at Thanksgiving when we are all together we pick names and you buy for the person you pick, we have a $100 limit, so everyone gets a gift.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

We have my husband's side of the family over on Christmas Eve which is usually just sandwiches and other munchies. We open gifts from each other and then on Christmas Day it's usually just myself, Ron, and his sister. My kids usually go to their dad's house on Christmas Day after opening gifts here and eating my Mamaw's breakfast casserole that I continue to make even though she passed away 6 years ago. Then dinner is prime rib alternating every other year with turkey and ham. This year it's prime rib.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

We are at my mother's this year for Christmas so it will be fish and pasta 27 ways Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we will have prime rib

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Christmas Eve we have fish only, 7 different fishes all different ways. Christmas Day is homemade lasagna, all different meats (cooked in the gravy) meatballs, neck boness, pig boness, etc) Of course antipasto both days except Xmas eve meatless antipasto Love Love Christmas dinners My fav holiday food!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I lied we are doing Mexican dishes for Christmas!

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We're having southern gumbo for Christmas.... Christmas Eve we're having potstickers, pop tarts and french fries!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

We are doing Prime Rib this year. I'm not a fan of Turkey so I grudgingly cook it for the family on Thanksgiving. Christmas is my choice.
    I am a master at planking......

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So much fun reading all these posts...making me hungry!

For the past 8 years or so I've celebrated Christmas Day at my great aunt and uncle's house. All the cousins get together there for lunch and we eat a traditional Indonesian meal. Indonesian food is sort of a cross between Chinese and Thai with an emphasis on spicy and coconut milk. Lots of different meats cooked in various ways...fried chicken, beef, roast pork, all served with "nasi kuning" or "yellow rice"--rice infused with tumeric. There's also gado-gado which is steamed vegetables with peanut sauce and shrimp chips, and noodle dishes.
    It's one of my favorite foods on the planet!

I also just bought a 12lb turkey so i'm hoping to roast that on the day after X-mas.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    So much fun reading all these posts...making me hungry!

For the past 8 years or so I've celebrated Christmas Day at my great aunt and uncle's house. All the cousins get together there for lunch and we eat a traditional Indonesian meal. Indonesian food is sort of a cross between Chinese and Thai with an emphasis on spicy and coconut milk. Lots of different meats cooked in various ways...fried chicken, beef, roast pork, all served with "nasi kuning" or "yellow rice"--rice infused with tumeric. There's also gado-gado which is steamed vegetables with peanut sauce and shrimp chips, and noodle dishes.
    It's one of my favorite foods on the planet!

I also just bought a 12lb turkey so i'm hoping to roast that on the day after X-mas.
    That sounds nice, when we come over there the first place we go to eat is always PF Changs in Rosecrans ave LA, love it!!
    Chinese food here taste like so we dont eat it here.

Henny Enjoy your Christmas with all your cousins and Aunts and uncles and your brothers family and of course Tate and Finn .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads