cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What time do you have your Thanksgiving meal?

I grew up having a traditional dinner at 6pm with my family.

I love the idea of a much earlier meal however since I have to work the next day and I'm an early eater anyways. So, this year I will be going to my friend's house who is having her Thanksgiving celebration at 2pm. Nice!

How about you?

:thanks5:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We eat pretty early! Antipasta is served at 1pm and then we have macoroni/meatballs/meats etc then we have turkey/stuffing etc

My mom says growing up she didnt have turkey! She said she had to contine the Italian tradition as we grew up! We dont stop eating until about 6 there is so much food!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION], Oh my, that sounds like a wonderful feast! I love the mixture of your Italian heritage with the traditional turkey.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We dont celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, I spent one here in 2004 when we brought our 4 grandaughters, daughter and son in law over with us and we went out to a restaurant for it and it was a little tense as I think we were all over each other after spending 5 weeks 24 hours a day with each other and this year Richard and I will probably do something special for dinner as we actually fly out at Midnight on Thanksgiving day 22nd to go back home to Ftse.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That will be nice, Julie, to go out for dinner on Thanksgiving. Lots of places will be having special menus. I know you can't wait to see your Ftse!

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
We believe in our family to pre-eat, eat and then post eat. It is a full day event. If my father goes near the kitchen and turns off the oven (oh yes, this has happened) then dinner is delayed, however we do the main eating about 3 or so.

L

Lucy-licious

We don't have Thanksgiving here either..but I could compare to our Christmas dinner which we eat around 4pm. Snacks first thing then late English Breakfast around 11am and Dinner at 4...we then pretty much graze the evening away until we are stuffed so full we fall asleep watching TV LOL

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
We believe in our family to pre-eat, eat and then post eat. It is a full day event. If my father goes near the kitchen and turns off the oven (oh yes, this has happened) then dinner is delayed, however we do the main eating about 3 or so.
same as my house though no man would dare set foot near the oven to turn it off. I have a huge turkey roaster anyway so the only thing in the oven are usually side dishes and rolls with an occasional dessert!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well here we eat bout 12 or 1 ish depends on when we can get everyone there to eat with the different work schedules. then we just kinda get stuffed and hang around watching tv and eat some more later.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
If we are at my family's house we do the italian style, pre-eat, eat more, then post eat. If we are with my in-laws, we do a full thanksgiving around 2-3 then go over to someone else's house and do another full round of thanksgiving :thanks5::carveturkey::thanks3:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If we are at my family's house we do the italian style, pre-eat, eat more, then post eat. If we are with my in-laws, we do a full thanksgiving around 2-3 then go over to someone else's house and do another full round of thanksgiving :thanks5::carveturkey::thanks3:

Ditto!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
this year we won't have our dinner until about 6pm because my son works all day but this is going to be a different meal all together, late dinner and instead of Turkey we have a fresh Goose ... I'm skeptical I still want turkey LOL

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
We have breakfast bagels, biscuits, jams, bear claws etc in the morning and then around 2pm start eating the Thanksgiving meal and that goes on for the rest of the day. All the breakfast items are made the night before so they will be fresh the morning of Thanksgiving.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We always had whatever large family meals we gathered for about 1:00 when I was growing up.
Even with Bruce and I having dinner alone we will probably eat the big meal about then too. We usually do.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.