Just saying hello!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
As you know, I was taking care of a gentleman with Alzheimer's diesase and he passed away about a month ago. I had been working with him for about 5 years and had been with him for 12-16 hours a day, so now it seems strange not going to his place every day. I have taken a much needed rest and spent some time at my place in the country. Now I am busy building up Paw4Deals. We've been in business since 2007, so I finally set up a facebook page for us. I am devoting more time to my business and going to try to build it up again to where it was before my other job started taking all my time.
Bertie is doing very well and I think she is enjoying having me at home more! I know I am liking it a lot! During all this time, my grandmother in Chicago fell and broke her hip late September, so I have also been driving back and forth checking on her too. She is 94 and is supposed to be going home in about 2 more weeks and I am going to go and stay with her for a bit. I really don't think she can manage on her own anymore. It's either I go up and stay for awhile or she has to go to a nursing home. I will be leaving my dogs here with my roommate and skyping with them every night while I am gone.
It's going to be hard on me, cause I have really never been away from them for more that a day or two tops. I would love to take them with me, but it wouldn't be fair to them, in the city. At least where we are now, they have a huge yard and it's in the country and my roommate takes as good care of them as if they were his.
I finally changed my avatar....I saw a picture like this and decided to do the same thing with Bertie. That cute little face can kiss me anytime!!!!:heartsign:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GOD bless you for taking care of the elderly gentleman and my condolences on
your loss of him,good for you for taking a rest...very deserved!

I care for my Mother, 79 y/o, w/Alzheimer's...very difficult and heart wrenching.

And now,you take on the challenge of caring for your grandmother...she is very
lucky and blessed to have you, doing this for her.

My deep admiration and greatest respect for you, I will keep you in my prayers!

L

Lucy-licious

Hi Rob....thanks for taking time to pop in. :hug: Your Grandma is just gonna love having you there to help her x
I love that your gonna Skype home every night so the doggies don't miss you LOL

love, love, love the avatar but I'm sure you can do better than that in a catch up thread.

:pics:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hi Rob glad you checked in! I hope your grandma heals well. Any chance you could just move her in with you instead of going to Chicago to stay at her house?

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Hi Rob glad you checked in! I hope your grandma heals well. Any chance you could just move her in with you instead of going to Chicago to stay at her house?

I wish I could, but she will never leave Chicago. She is actually my step grandmother...she raised my dad and my uncles as her own. The only family that she has left is up there, and they are paying me to come up and care for her. I told them I would do it for free, but them and my grandmother demamded that I get paid my normal rate. She is 94 and has outlived all her siblings. All she has left are 4 neices and a nephew and then 2 step sons left. All of her friends are in Chicago and she is familiar in her surroundings. She is sharp as a tack.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.