Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I feel kind of bad but at the same time I'm seriously happy ... my son came home from the recruiters office today and told me he had once again talked to them about his leave date and they gave what is for him bad news, and for me is a whewwww I have more time!! He found out today he will be leaving in January instead of next month in November. He isn't happy at all he wants to leave next month so for me to be relieved and happy makes me feel like a bad mom!!! So this Thanksgiving and Birthday and Christmas I am going to go ALL out because I know for sure I won't get to spend many more with him. I can't help but be happy but I'm keeping it inside don't want to rock the boat :D

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I turned 18 in boot camp... flew from PA to GUAM (almost Japan) 6 months later - and when I came home on leave, I didnt tell ANYONE.... *MISTAKE* I thought my mom was gonna have a heartattack ! ! !

He'll be fine mom :) he really will be :) you on the other hand.... you'll be stuck here, with us and all of the other bulldog parents :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
January, February and March might be brutally cold on Parris Island but at least he won't have to deal with the sand fleas. My son went to Fort Leonard Wood in November. You don't know cold until you've seen MO in the winter!

You just want to keep him home safe with you for a little while longer. Believe me, I understand that. It's what makes you a GREAT mom :)

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] - thank you so much, you made me feel better!! I am so thankful I found EBN because finding this place led me to all of you special people and your awesome bullie babies!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Your welcome, I totally understand how you feel, my kids are 30 and 32, definitely not kids anymore. My daughter has a 5 year old son, my Grandson. You are always a mom, and I don't think you ever stop worrying or loving them as a mom, I think it's part of the job title, and not something we can turn off. My mom has 5 of us, and we always know we can go to her for anything, to talk, advice, a hug, and TLC when you don't feel well. There's nothing like your mom. I like having that relationship with her, my sister and I always end up crawling into her King size bed just to talk, or watch TV, my 3 brothers and dad always laugh at us. Whenever there is a family gathering they always know where to find us. Lol. I am close to my kids as well as my niece and nephew, my sister and I have always treated each others kids like they were our own, and they grew up together. They are 30, 32, 26, and 19 now. Now my brothers who are all younger have started having children, I have 2 four year old nieces, 2 four year old nephews, they are all 2 months apart, a 10 month nephew, and a 5 year old grandson. 6 kids under the age of 5 , we are having so much fun with them, and I hope they all grow up close together.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
wow that awesome that your family is so close!!! I'm really close to my dad and step-mom but my mom and I don't have a very good relationship, my brother was always her favorite and she didn't try to hide it!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry to hear that, but am glad that you have your dad and stepmom in your life to talk to and lean on. Are you close to your brother? Just stay close to your son, and be his mom, keep the doors of communication open, hug him every chance you have , I'm a total hugger, and so is my family. Always be there for each other, and you can never go wrong, telling your kids you love them everyday.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
my mom and brother are a lot alike, they say mean hurtful things without caring how it affects others so I don't spend much time with them at all ... but I do have my dad and step-mom and of course I have my wonderful son, he and I are very close and have a great relationship! We never leave the house or hang up the phone without saying we love each other and with as much as my son loves and I do mean LOVES to tease and torment me I know he loves his mommy!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NO... it makes you a GREAT Mom.... you love him and support him in his decision --- enjoy and cherish that extra time with him

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@2BullyMama - thank you and I'm going to make a big deal of Thanksgiving, his Birthday on Dec 8th and Christmas ... going to go all out this year!! and enjoy every minute of time I have with him.

I want to thank everyone for their support, it really means a lot to me and I know it will help to have all my new bulldogger friends supporting me as I forge into an empty nest home

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad you have more time together. Especially the holidays!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] - It was really breaking my heart that I wouldn't get to be with him for his birthday, I have spent every single birthday with him since birth and always made a big deal out of the day heck when he first moved away from home I drove 3 hours to be with him on his birthday one year, not many months later he had moved me over to where he was LOL so the following years where easier the rest of the holiday stuff I could have managed since we don't get to into decorating anymore or making a big deal out of Christmas etc. its just his birthday that I go all out for.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online