What cool things do you see on your drive?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], this is a fun thread. It made me look at my surroundings more and yesterday I took some pics while driving. My iphone almost fell out of the car while I took a couple of these too! lol

A couple landmarks I drive by is the Wrigley Mansion which is now the official home of the Tournament of Roses Parade,

IMG_2766.jpg

then I hop on the Arroyo Seco freeway, which is the oldest and first fwy that Los Angeles ever built : (picture courtesy of Wikipedia)

Arroyo_Seco_Parkway_through_Elysian_Park.jpg

Once I get off the fwy, I exit into LA's Chinatown. This is the entry/exit to Chinatown w/the two dragons to greet you:
IMG_2762.jpg

Then I pass by City Hall:
IMG_2763.jpg

and the Criminal Courts Bldg--famous for the OJ Simpson Trial, and Michael Jackson's doctor's trial to name a couple:
IMG_2765.jpg

and then to my final destination which is the VA Outpatient Clinic Downtown L.A :D

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], you have some cool things to see! I enjoyed seeing the Wrigley Mansion too. Glad you were able to keep your phone in your car! :tease:

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], you gotta get some pics!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
@JeannieCO, this is a fun thread. It made me look at my surroundings more and yesterday I took some pics while driving. My iphone almost fell out of the car while I took a couple of these too! lol

A couple landmarks I drive by is the Wrigley Mansion which is now the official home of the Tournament of Roses Parade,

View attachment 30041

then I hop on the Arroyo Seco freeway, which is the oldest and first fwy that Los Angeles ever built : (picture courtesy of Wikipedia)

View attachment 30042

Once I get off the fwy, I exit into LA's Chinatown. This is the entry/exit to Chinatown w/the two dragons to greet you:
View attachment 30043

Then I pass by City Hall:
View attachment 30044

and the Criminal Courts Bldg--famous for the OJ Simpson Trial, and Michael Jackson's doctor's trial to name a couple:
View attachment 30045

and then to my final destination which is the VA Outpatient Clinic Downtown L.A :D

OMG!! I forgot you work at the VA too!! YOu want pix of my VA with the new mandated fence going up around the complex? lol

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] I could take a long way to work and take pix of working girls. Any interest in that? :evil:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
TRAFFIC

Traffic, traffic and more traffic.... then after I get bored looking at that, the I see more traffic, then lots of people and then rats... I'd love to capture all of this visually and post it for you :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@JeannieCO I took these yesterday in Valley Forge National park on the ride in to work around 6:45 AM eastern time

BanksCheliaroundthehouse009.jpg

BanksCheliaroundthehouse014.jpg

BanksCheliaroundthehouse015.jpg

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
In CA, I had a horrible commute but it was often made better by seeing dolphins leaping out of the ocean. Now my commute is much better but I miss the dolphins. Instead I see deer, turkeys, goats, cows, and corn. Sadly no pictures of dolphins as I haven't had my camera phone that long. But I think I have a picture of a turkey crossing the road somewhere...

Forgot to add that it is really neat seeing and hearing about everyone's drives to work!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.