Trick or Treaters

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
@LariP...Sooo cute those kiddos are!! But the Big Guy is scarrrrry!!! :ROFL: :eek: IS HRH OUTSIDE NEKKED??????

She had a costume on. :halloween5: It's a little black dress with a glow in the dark skull and crossbones on it that I found at TJMaxx.
:halloween9: She wasn't out very long though because it was :coldout: and a couple houses down they had a haunted house thing set up with scary sounds so she was not a happy camper for the short time she was out. :halloween13:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She had a costume on. :halloween5: It's a little black dress with a glow in the dark skull and crossbones on it that I found at TJMaxx.
:halloween9: She wasn't out very long though because it was :coldout: and a couple houses down they had a haunted house thing set up with scary sounds so she was not a happy camper for the short time she was out. :halloween13:

:whew: Had me worried!!! I can imagine She would not like scary noises!! After all...Royalty should NOT be exposed to such noise!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] Love the set up you guys have to greet the trick or treaters. The kids are too cute. It's so fun to see them all. That's so many kids you get. I only get around 40-50. Can't imagine 170 and then 250. :faint:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@LariP Love the set up you guys have to greet the trick or treaters. The kids are too cute. It's so fun to see them all. That's so many kids you get. I only get around 40-50. Can't imagine 170 and then 250. :faint:

Jeannie,
You can't see it in those pics, but Bruce brought the Chiminea out front too and lit a fire It was to my right on the sidewalk, away from the path of the kids, but it sure made sitting out there a lot more tolerable last night. It was probably in the mid 30's.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], i find it interesting and pretty neat that your neighborhood has trick or treating on the Sat before Halloween. Is that a new tradition or something that you've been doing for awhile now?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
30 brrr! I bet the kids enjoy seeing you guys sit out there too instead of having to ring the door bell. Makes it more festive! :halloween17:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@LariP, i find it interesting and pretty neat that your neighborhood has trick or treating on the Sat before Halloween. Is that a new tradition or something that you've been doing for awhile now?

The actual "city wide" trick or treat was today from 2-4 PM. but we stopped participating in that one a couple years after our local neighborhood parents association organized this Saturday before Halloween evening event. Starting about 4 or 5 years ago, they went door to door and passed out flyers announcing the plan, and it took off. It's grown every year. The idea is that it be more like it was when we were kids. Mostly local kids (an approximate 10 block square area surrounding the local park here), not van loads where they bus in 15 kids and drop them off at one end of the street and pick them up at the other, from other areas of town like the city one has ended up being. Kids must be accompanied by adults. and on our block most of the houses where people participate everyone sits out the whole time. Many set up fire pits. and a couple houses on our block even set up whole haunted house set ups in their yard. with spooky music and screaming things jumping out at the kids as they went through.
I'll bet last night the whole time we were out there less than 5 cars went down our street.

It's our choice if we wish to participate then in the city one. We did the first year or two, but then the neighborhood one keeps growing and it just go to be too much. so we don't do both anymore.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.