JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We live on a tucked away cud-de-sac so where only 2 of 5 houses give out candy. So to get the kids over to our house over the last 8 years I've been bribing them and it's worked. :halloween13:

6F84AFC4-13F5-426D-95DD-CA476FC2D77B-194-000000301CE864E0.jpg

:halloween2: :halloween1: :halloween4: :halloween12: :halloween5: :halloween3:

Last edited:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
we have tons of kids come into our subdivision from all over! I usually end up running out of candy before the night is over. I try to ration it, I really do, but some of the costumes are just so cute I have to give them extra! The teenagers (15 or older looking) only get 1 piece of the least popular candy!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Living on the edge of a large city we get bus loads of kids coming out from the inner city to trick or tread where it is safe. You can't blame them but we have our own neighborhood to think about. Instead, for the last few years we have had a 'neighborhood trick or treat on the Sat. eve. before the citywide one on Sun. afternoon. Last night we had 250 pieces of candy and ran out. I think the word is getting to the inner city that the best place to trick or treat is out here.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I love the teenagers. Heck I don't care what age they are as long as they're dressed up and say Trick or Treat. I'll give an extra to the ones that really went out of their way to dress up too. :2thumbs:

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], 250 kids. :eek: Good gawd that's a lot. I can't blame the inner city kids either. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh now I know what you're talkin about--those monster pops look cute 'n yummy! My next door neighbor said she ran out of candy last year so I'm anticipating lots of kids. Hopefully I got more than enough candy!:halloween16:

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
I went trick-or-treating my first year of college...wrong? I went all out in a costume but I was broke and the candy was free ;)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The last time I went trick or treating was when i was 15yrs old. I don't recall what i dressed up as...i think a vampire. Heck, i'd go trick or treating now if i had someone to go with.:weird:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
we don't have many anymore. Most of the kids in the neighborhood have grown up and left. But we always gave out full size treats. My boys would tell me what was in and to Sam's Club for the bulk.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We get none..NADA.ZERO!!! But we live without sidewalks and street lights and with bears, and mountain lions...sooooo we go to one of our daughter's houses and enjoy the treaters!!! They both get about 200 each year! I love the older kids too! As long as they have a costume on..they are golden! :D

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Last year we ran out of candy so I sent my son on the mad dash to the store to buy a couple more bags of candy ... he got home and only 2 more kids showed up LOL

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
When Aaron was 4 we lived in Midland TX (far west Texas) and I went all out!

Dressed as a witch, sat in a rocker on the front porch in dim light, candles & pumpkins
all around.

The problem was...I did TOO GOOD a job with my makeup...the kids were too scared to
come up and get their candy...I ended up being lonely...that has never happened before
or after that Halloween!

Poor lil' Aaron, he wouldn't even come near Mom...just cried
:scared:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Even I would dress up for some of those :p I see you finally got your award..Yeah! :buddies:
Yes I finally got it. :happydance: I still need write you back too. It's been a very busy few days, sorry about that.

I went trick-or-treating my first year of college...wrong? I went all out in a costume but I was broke and the candy was free ;)
Totally fine with me, like I said, as long as you're dressed up and I have candy, it's all good. :2thumbs:

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I can see the kids trick or treating up your street. "look ma it's a bear!!" "look ma it's a large cat" "What great costume Mom!!" :eek:

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], yeppers those are them. :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
DSC_0008.jpg

Like Bruce already said, we handed out 250+ pieces of candy and still ran out half an hour before the designated end time last night. I think we had about 170 last year, so word is getting out there.

Here are a couple pics of memorable costumes early in the evening, the little lion is Alaina and her mommy Alison. They live across the street.
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.