Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
My son Alex is 23 years old and oh my goodness do I love that boy!!! He will be leaving next month for the Marines, eek boot camp! but he is really looking forward to going ... I just have to take a moment to brag about him (hope you all don't mind) He will going Special Forces in the Marines but he leaves next month though they haven't given the exact day they have told him November the last date mentioned was the 23rd ... which means I will miss him for his 24th birthday on December 8th and for Christmas, New Years ... this first year is going to be a challenge for sure!!! Will be the very first Birthday & Christmas without him since he was born.

Anyways on to the bragging part LOL I wanted to show a couple pictures of him with his dog Ally (the one who will appear in pictures with Diesel & Molly, as she always tries to find a way to be a part of the picture)

me and ally.jpg mary lake DH.jpg IMAG0428.jpg
I think poor Ally will be as lost without him as I will :pouting:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
What a handsome boy and you have every right to brag as you say..:clap2: I am sure you will miss him something awful as I miss my son so far away in college, but we want our children to follow their dreams so we have to be there and encourage them even though it means our hearts will hurt for missing them. Thank him from all of us for taking on the ever so difficult task of keeping our country safe. May he be happy, safe and healthy as he pursues his dreams.
Ally will miss him too but she has his very proud mom to continue giving the love she is used to.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I couldn't imagine what you are going through. I am very fortunate to have both boys close to me.

Great photos, my best to his future.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can brag all you want, as he is a handsome young man, and I think you are right as Ally will be missing him. Please tell him thank you so much for his service and may God bless him.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
What a wonderful son!! Be sure and tell him we appreciate his service to protect our country! Take care of Ally while he is gone!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION] - you are so right I have always supported his decisions even if I wasn't convinced it was the best thing .. in life we have to make our own choices and suffer our own set backs so to speak that's how we learn so I've stood by his side cheering him on no matter what it was he was doing!

[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] - he is my only child but I've known this day was coming for a very long time, he has always said he was going into the Military

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - thank you I will tell him

[MENTION=3913]wheezer[/MENTION] - thank you I will tell him ... and oh yes I will give her as much love as I can to help her though missing him

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] - thank you for the prayers, means a lot to me!

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - I am very proud ... not just because of his going into the Military to protect all of our freedoms but because he is such an awesome person, he treats everyone so well and always looks out for those he loves!!

and for all those who said he was handsome .... Thank you so much!! I think he is very handsome also, he is the spitNimage of my dad

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Bless your heart [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION], I would be bragging away too!!!, it was so nice to read this thread and know that you have an awesome son, and it is hard when they leave, I have two adult sons that have left the nest, that is why Vegas happened in my life. He is my empty nester slash wedding present. I got married after being divorced 16 years and raising my sons. LOL.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Bless your heart @bulldogs4me, I would be bragging away too!!!, it was so nice to read this thread and know that you have an awesome son, and it is hard when they leave, I have two adult sons that have left the nest, that is why Vegas happened in my life. He is my empty nester slash wedding present. I got married after being divorced 16 years and raising my sons. LOL.

thank you, my family always says my life stopped when my son was born and it was all about Alex from that day forward so I promised him that now that he is grown and leaving for the Military that I would start living for myself and doing things just for me ... the next few months will be the hardest but I am so over the top proud of him and excited for him to be able to follow his dreams, see new places, experience new things, it will make missing him worth it ... just so he can be happy!! My bullies are what will keep me going though I can't just give up because they still need me and so does Alex's dog Ally ... 3 fur-kids that won't leave home and that will always need me to care for them that's a good thing!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my he is a handsome son for sure. im sure you will miss him terribly. was wondering are you keeping his dog for him? brag away its what a mother is supposed to do ya know :2thumbs:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - yes Ally will stay with me until he is in a long term location and can have her but thinking in realistic terms, she will get to see him when he comes home for leave but will basically just be one of my fur-babies once he leaves. thank you for the compliment, he would kick my booty if he knew I was doing this LOL and yes oh yes I will miss him more then words can express! Its just been me and him against the world for the last 23 years so now I have to figure out how to live life for me again and to make sure he knows how much I love him from a long distance!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@cowsmom - yes Ally will stay with me until he is in a long term location and can have her but thinking in realistic terms, she will get to see him when he comes home for leave but will basically just be one of my fur-babies once he leaves. thank you for the compliment, he would kick my booty if he knew I was doing this LOL and yes oh yes I will miss him more then words can express! Its just been me and him against the world for the last 23 years so now I have to figure out how to live life for me again and to make sure he knows how much I love him from a long distance!
yea its always harder on those left behind so to speak. im sure once you get used to it you will find there are things to do here in the world that maybe you didnt think of before. its so much easier to keep in touch now with webcams and such so im sure yall will find a way.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - so true, lots of ways to keep in touch and for as wonderful of a son as he is, he is a turd at the same time LOL I asked him if he would do a regular video chat with me once he is done with boot camp and can be in touch with family .... he gives me his famous smirk and said sure, just as soon as you figure out how to do it! I said oh don't you worry I will figure it out one way or the other ... he just laughed at me.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You've raised a wonderful young man AND he is very handsome so brag away, Mom!

GOD bless him for his desire & willingness to serve our country & it's people,I will keep
Alex in my prayers and you too, as this will be a very hard thing for you. I have an
only son, Aaron, he's going to be 25 at Thanksgiving and we are very close. Hubby
always worked for Texaco and other oil companies as Aaron grew up and was gone
long periods of time to provide us with a good life so I operated as a single parent.

EBN is full of good people willing to listen with compassion and caring so be share
your feelings should you become overwhelmed with the loneliness & longing for Alex.

I am always here for you, dear friend, you & Alex will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.