Hurricane Sandy Rollcall - - Please check in before, and after !

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I just filled up at costco tonight. 3.19 a gallon, only spent an hour on line.

I'll come get you guys. Problem solved :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

that's when the Costco card comes in handy! Where is there a Costco gas station? Never seen one! We have a Costco in town but no gas station!

Thank you thank you! I will let you know for sure if it gets too cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
that's when the Costco card comes in handy! Where is there a Costco gas station? Never seen one! We have a Costco in town but no gas station!

Thank you thank you! I will let you know for sure if it gets too cold!

You don't need a Costco card to get their gas. Everyone is welcome. But they don't accept cash. Only Amex or debit cards. No Visa or Discover either. I went to the Costco on Route 27 in Edison. There is one in Clifton with gas but last I heard they were still in the dark. Here is a screenshot of the ones near us with gas... Looks like Edison is closest to you too.

Capture.jpg

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
You don't need a Costco card to get their gas. Everyone is welcome. But they don't accept cash. Only Amex or debit cards. No Visa or Discover either. I went to the Costco on Route 27 in Edison. There is one in Clifton with gas but last I heard they were still in the dark. Here is a screenshot of the ones near us with gas... Looks like Edison is closest to you too.

View attachment 30012

Wow I wish I had known! We tried BJ's but you need a card there! Everything in Union/Elizabeth is packed! I didn't have enough gas to travel far and then wait in line so we stayed in town and waited! I used so much gas charging my phone the first 2 days and couldn't even use it!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351909717.414915.jpg

So not happy the scary flashlight woke him up!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Right before Christmas one year, we had a big storm and the power was out at our condo for SEVEN DAYS. What made it even more frustrating is that everyone AROUND us had power -- even the other side of the condo complex. My daughter was home from school visiting to boot. Thank goodness I had a fireplace; we stayed warm and I got out the big spaghetti pot and rigged up a way to have boiled water going on the fire constantly for coffee, kitchen sink baths, dish washing, etc. Me, her, Mable the Bulldog, Lucy and Sushi (cats) all slept together on a big queen size blow up bed in front of the fireplace. I cheerfully told my daughter, "Hey, it's like playing "Pioneer"!" Thank goodness Rhiannon was born in the modern era; she is NO PIONEER. Had she been Laura Ingalls, "Pa" would quickly tired of her constant kvetching and would have shot her and buried her out behind the chicken coop.

My thoughts are with those suffering horrible losses....it's heartbreaking.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
@ChanelAndBrutus - sending love and warmth to you guys! We are without power too. Thankfully my Gramma is putting up with us and my parents in her little house (4 adults, a teen, a baby and two dogs extra). Go somewhere warm! It's getting too cold to be without heat!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
@ChanelAndBrutus - sending love and warmth to you guys! We are without power too. Thankfully my Gramma is putting up with us and my parents in her little house (4 adults, a teen, a baby and two dogs extra). Go somewhere warm! It's getting too cold to be without heat!!!

Thank you sweetie! I would be more concerned if we had young kids! Brutus and Chanel nuggle me and we keep each other warm! It's not too bad yet!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Checking back in eta for power has been upped to Friday and the man of the house is clearly enjoying the new setup ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351994164.159080.jpg
It's on the couch and he went in voluntarily

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
WOW I'm glad this thread is still alive and rolling along, I havent had the chance to check in, since doing the new warehouse job, and part of it is replenishing all the stuff from the Hurricane and loading up for Christmas. yea we are busy... and I'm not used to this type of work, so I'm SORE and Very tired... Please keep, keeping in touch to the best you can ! ! ! even though Delaware was directly in the path, it seems we were very fortunate (compared to NJ) the Beaches in Delaware were clobbered...but most of those homes are 'summer' homes --

Ya all in our thoughts...

Rick and Dottie
Gizmo and Hershey

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Fyi costcos near me is operating their gas 24 hours a day right now...i know i am a ways away but check to see if the ones near u r too. Yesterday ours got 2 gas deliveries and their system to get ppl in and out rocks!! I went by at 1 am and the line had 300 plus people and i was in and out in approx 40 minutes. The way they have it set up cant be any better. U dont need to be a member just have ur debit card or amex with u

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Oh also if u have a nysc near u( there r some in jersey) they r allowing non members to use their showers and charge ur cells and such..the only thing they ask is u bring ur own towel.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
It seems EVERYONE checked back in, who originally posted :) :) and that Everyone has survived - some have had damage, some others have not. But I'm glad to see 'All the Family' checking in, and everyone who passed along messages of those who couldnt check in for a while. :) :) :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.