Hurricane Sandy Rollcall - - Please check in before, and after !

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION], do be careful. I keep hearing stories about people getting electrocuted there w/the down power lines. I can't believe all that has happened in NJ, it seems like your state got the worst of it. Take care and give Herman a big kiss from Tate and Finn.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HI friends ... I haven't read through this whole post as I'm exhausted. My neighborhood is a war zone. :( There is looting, gas leaks, and my old apt complex has been condemned and is evacuating as I type this. I had to show my ID just to get to my house to pick up a few supplies before returning to Gramma's house. I'm sick to my stomach at how this feels to see the town(s) I love and grew up in just decimated. My house is ok but no power so IDK when we will return.

Today, we filled my truck with supplies - blankets, towels, baby clothes, diapers, formula, water, adult clothes, dog food, cat food, toiletries - everything we could find to donate to the shelters today. So many people displaced, it's heartbreaking.

So ultimately, we are ok. I'm just so heartbroken for everyone that isn't ok. <3

Hearts and prayers are with you Turi..... hug your babies nice and tight for us

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Checking in - no internet. But we never lost power, until this morning but only briefly. It's very sad here - now we're in the midst of a gasoline shortage (due to lack of power, not lack of gas). Lines have seen 2 miles long in length and gas is being rationed (i've heard $5 limits and 10 gallong limits). My offices in NY have been closed due to no power, and our NJ office will be open tomorrow. So many people are my team are happy beccause they have no power and have been dealing with extra long lines at Starbucks, Wendys, Dunkin Donuts, etc for access to internet. Many of the grocery stores are empty as well.

Many trees are down all over - and my street is finally open. The trees that didnt fall down during last Octobers snow storm fell down this time.

I had to take Herman to the vet yesterday - oddly enough he had power when the houses around the corner from him dont.

Everything is so sporadic.

Herman loved the wind and going out in the storm, so he was pretty much calm - until he heard trees falling and wires ripping off our house. I was scared at that point too!!!!

Hearts and prayers are with you ...... hug to you and Herman -- please be safe

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Also ... @AdventuresWithOliver is safe and sound ... her house was not so lucky. She lives up the street from me. We've been in touch so I know she's okay but devastated at her loss. I'll let her share what details she wants. :(

If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. I don't have much but you are all welcome to what I have. I also have an extra bedroom in the house if someone needs somewhere to stay.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It hard to even imagine how it feels to see your home devastated by nature itself.
We don't have anything even close to like that in here. It seems like we have almost miserable weather all year around and no major storms and you who have good weather most of the year get these horrible extremes in change. My hopes and prayers are with you all.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Such tragedy. I hope everybody remains safe during this terrible time!!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Has anyone heard from Roe?
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. You are in my thoughts since you are all like family to me!!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Just checking in estimated power is next weekend over a week from now bacon seems to be feeling better not coughing as much got a battery powered carbon monoxide detector to ease my concerns about the air in the house. Spoke to Elearn via text they are okay just no Internet. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has anyone heard from Roe?
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. You are in my thoughts since you are all like family to me!!

Yes. Roe has texted many of us.... no power, no cell service, no gas and walking to Dunkin donuts to charge her phone and connect to Wifi. Her Mom got power back today so she is staying with them a few hours a day -- too many people and dogs for them to stay full time. all are safe

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. I don't have much but you are all welcome to what I have. I also have an extra bedroom in the house if someone needs somewhere to stay.

Thank you!!! We are all good, safe and warm. [MENTION=2415]AdventuresWithOliver[/MENTION] too. I saw her and hugged her today! She will be just fine and I've offered her to use whatever they can in my house now and when we are back home. It will be some time but she has great support. Now we are worrying about pipes freezing. Oy. But we will be ok! Just takes time!!!

Thank you to everyone for their love and concern. I've been spending time bringing things to the shelters and matching people's needs with things that other people have. It is the least I can do to help right now. And a wonderful little fairy brought me some wonderful things for the shelter today - things most people don't think of! I love this forum and all the people on it. I'm so sorry I don't get on here more often. LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <3 <3 <3

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted :( We lost power Monday at 830 :( Our era is estimated another 4-7 days. The weather doesn't help any! Our childhood memories at Jersey Shore are gone! The boardwalk I walked on and rides I rode as a kid 20 years ago are gone! Jersey shore will never be the same :( I just pray everyone can recover and heal! The streets around here just don't look the same at all! Trees and poles down everywhere! Roads all blocked off! A 10 min car ride is now at least 30 mins! Gas well we waited today for 3hr 40 dang mins! Dunkin donuts is my new best friend! Hot coffee, working outlets to charge :)

Brutus is not happy! Hates the dark, hates hates flashlights! Doesn't want to potty in the dark ( our street is ghost town and dark) Chanel is a trooper!

But you know I cannot complain as many many others have nothing left!I am very grateful to have my family all okay, houses okay, dogs okay!

I will be posting when I can!Stay safe everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

OMG Bev seriously you are too generous! i really appereciate the offer! We will all be okay :) I have to try and save the gas to be able to go back and forth to the pizzeria once it gets power back!

Tracy, I just posted haven't been able to
Get on here! I miss EBN so much and figured 1 day with no phone to chat on here wouldn't hurt! I am so happy everyone is okay and unharmed! I luv my EBN family you all are amazing!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
With over 2.5 million without power right now if they dont have internet on their phone it may be a few days before we hear. I know some people have others phone numbers. Might be the only way they can communicate

Wow! That's a huge number. Sending good thoughts to those of you still without power. Any etas? Do power companies even give that? Hahaha..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

OMG Bev seriously you are too generous! i really appereciate the offer! We will all be okay :) I have to try and save the gas to be able to go back and forth to the pizzeria once it gets power

I just filled up at costco tonight. 3.19 a gallon, only spent an hour on line.

I'll come get you guys. Problem solved :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.