Hurricane Sandy Rollcall - - Please check in before, and after !

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
With over 2.5 million without power right now if they dont have internet on their phone it may be a few days before we hear. I know some people have others phone numbers. Might be the only way they can communicate

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Glad to hear the worst is over, hope everyone is safe. Saying prayers for everyone. Hope the power comes back soon.

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
No problems here in Pittsburgh, just a little rain, nothing more than a normal storm..

Devastating news from some family members in Queens, NYC. They've all lost so much, some houses had up to 4ft of water inside.

These pictures are from the early hours of the storm, before everyone had to leave. At least everyone is safe.

504_3821124651919_1590620170_n.jpg
395132_3821123611893_419886235_n.jpg
548985_3821123931901_295029011_n.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] - well, I'm getting texts from her -- so that proves --- at least --- that her fingers didn't drown or anything --- but I guess she's just too darn busy to call her Mother.....Grrrrrr.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Checking in no power or heat for 6-12 days plenty of firewood. Bacon had a gagging vomiting episode at 4am got up this morning and he was still gagging Jen got him to the town vet not out normal one(can't get there) they gave him a water shot and metronidazole he looks like a little hunchback. Gerry rigged a generator off my car using an inverter to power fridge Fishtank and freezer

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Finally got cell signal and enough battery to post that we made it :) no power for probably a week, but I got the best bully heaters on the market! Thank God too cuz im freezing

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Finally got cell signal and enough battery to post that we made it :) no power for probably a week, but I got the best bully heaters on the market! Thank God too cuz im freezing

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Please let us know if you need anything..... and BTW -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] we have a fireplace no power or heat but if you guys really need to get out come up to my place I'll pm you the address

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Please let us know if you need anything..... and BTW -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thanks! I've decided to stop all future birthdays. Last year we had a freak snowstorm that cancelled Halloween and this year Sandy came to the party. Kids all up and down the east coast are going to hate me.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Thanks for keeping the main roll call updated! I've worked back to back 13 hour days...and I'm BEAT to hell and back - Hershey showed his displeasure about being in the xpen all day... left me a :poo: present

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
HI friends ... I haven't read through this whole post as I'm exhausted. My neighborhood is a war zone. :( There is looting, gas leaks, and my old apt complex has been condemned and is evacuating as I type this. I had to show my ID just to get to my house to pick up a few supplies before returning to Gramma's house. I'm sick to my stomach at how this feels to see the town(s) I love and grew up in just decimated. My house is ok but no power so IDK when we will return.

Today, we filled my truck with supplies - blankets, towels, baby clothes, diapers, formula, water, adult clothes, dog food, cat food, toiletries - everything we could find to donate to the shelters today. So many people displaced, it's heartbreaking.

So ultimately, we are ok. I'm just so heartbroken for everyone that isn't ok. <3

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so sorry for all of you who are suffering with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Just watching the news and hearing about all the tragedy and the destruction, and the lives lost...makes me feel so sad and helpless that I cannot do anything to help. I just wanted to let you all know that so many of us in So Cal are thinking of you and have you in our hearts and minds right now. :hug:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thanks! I've decided to stop all future birthdays. Last year we had a freak snowstorm that cancelled Halloween and this year Sandy came to the party. Kids all up and down the east coast are going to hate me.

Oh no does this mean I have to get divorced? Wedding anniversary is on halloween

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Also ... [MENTION=2415]AdventuresWithOliver[/MENTION] is safe and sound ... her house was not so lucky. She lives up the street from me. We've been in touch so I know she's okay but devastated at her loss. I'll let her share what details she wants. :(

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Checking in - no internet. But we never lost power, until this morning but only briefly. It's very sad here - now we're in the midst of a gasoline shortage (due to lack of power, not lack of gas). Lines have seen 2 miles long in length and gas is being rationed (i've heard $5 limits and 10 gallong limits). My offices in NY have been closed due to no power, and our NJ office will be open tomorrow. So many people are my team are happy beccause they have no power and have been dealing with extra long lines at Starbucks, Wendys, Dunkin Donuts, etc for access to internet. Many of the grocery stores are empty as well.

Many trees are down all over - and my street is finally open. The trees that didnt fall down during last Octobers snow storm fell down this time.

I had to take Herman to the vet yesterday - oddly enough he had power when the houses around the corner from him dont.

Everything is so sporadic.

Herman loved the wind and going out in the storm, so he was pretty much calm - until he heard trees falling and wires ripping off our house. I was scared at that point too!!!!

Last edited:

Most Reactions