Hurricane Sandy Rollcall - - Please check in before, and after !

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Everyone here is good! We are right next to Boston (on the coast side) so the wind is CRAZY! The rain has been coming down hard all day and is still coming down hard, just saw on the news that a few thunder storms are right around the corner for us tonight! Thank god Diva finally went #1 and #2, poor thing is just so scared to be outside in this weather (can't blame her, while we were out a few good size branches flew down right next to us!!) Gio on the other hand is smart, he goes right when I take him out and he runs back to the door! We will be using the front yard to go potty later, not as many trees!

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
An update....i think i am one of the ten ppl with power still...i know jinxed myself but now i dont care...took the boys out at 930 pm and they were in heaven..the breeze and cool weather...i just saw all the trees down. Sean came to my house after doing 15 hrs with nypd....he has no power and i have been dogsitting for him...he had to get across the closed bridges....but he needed sleep as his precinct flooded where they sleep...he said everywhere u go its just flashes in the sky...so i looked out my window and sure enough blue flashes if live wires arcing....but we r still here. All good...will be interested to see if my job is flooded because we r below ground in the city

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
My family is there in Manhattan and the Bronx @nyerathrt , on of my cousins left the apartment building because it was literally swaying!!!! My aunt and other family memebers are now without power!! They are all freaking out and all I can say is thank God for facebook because we would be going insane!! Im in Burlington Vermont and Irene was not good to us at all and the wind is blowing so hard because we are by the lake that we are for sure gonna have some trees down soon!! And the storm isnt even expected here till wednesday nite! Poor Mocha was so scared she was shaking, had to take her in the bedroom and turn the fan and tv on so she could relax! Im glad you are ok and safe!

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well southern va here and we are good. had some rain and strong winds but it seems to be died down now and never lost power thank god

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Here 10 mins from Atlantic City....we are good. We did our hurricane camp out in the living room (the furthest place from any possible falling trees). Tubs likes it because he can get up on the bed since we only put out the mattress! We never lost power, but it was pretty scary there for a while. Atlantic City boardwalk is gone and the roads are covered in sand. Water Treatment Center, located in AC, was flooded, so we have to boil our water or stick to bottled water. My parents, located in the same area as us, just further in the woods, lost power and about 10 trees. They are living it up, cooking on the grill and hanging out on the porch watching the storm. We were just far enough inland to get hit, but not to have too much clean up or any of the flooding. 10 mins south of us was not lucky at all (Ocean City and Atlantic City). We hope everyone else made it through ok!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Checking in from southeast PA..... lost power a few times for a few minutes, but over all just lots of rain/water and very bad winds - house was what seemed like shaking at times around 2 AM

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Delaware checking in - we are still here ! Lost power Sunday for 1 hour, but we got it back, I dont think we have any personal damage (Just rolled out of bed though!) Baconator texted me, they are without power but are ok.

Anyword from Modernfemme ? she's upstate of me. or any others? I'll go through the rollcall once I wake up a bit :)

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Okay, power just came back on. We'll assess the damage in a bit but we're all alive and well here. How are you all makin' out this morning?

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We are fine here in Central PA. Some friends reporting power outages & trees down on facebook, but we're still powered up here! It seems like it's past. We had a very windy night, and every time I woke up I expected the power to be out. It's crazy bc my family in WV has no power because of FEET of snow.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Ok - the roll call looks like this as of 11:30AM - I've gone through the thread to gleam the information -

RaRett - Gizmo and Hershey in Delaware - CHECKED IN - ALL FINE

@ Vicaroo1000 - Vicaroo1000 Hows your daughter in Washington DC ?

Nyerathrt - Jameson, titan and Stephanie NYC -- CHECKED IN, IS FINE

ChanelnBrutus - ChanelnBrutus - ​CHECKED IN SHE HAS POWER NOW AND IS FINE

Sherry - Sherry Central PA- CHECKED IN SHE IS FINE

ModernFemme - Northern DE - CHECKED IN IS FINE

Twice- NORTHERN NJ- HAS POWER NOW N CELL SERVICE AND IS OK

Cowsmom - Virginia - CHECKED IN ALL IS WELL !

Baconator - North Jersey - CHECKED IN HAS POWER NOW N BACON IS BETTER NOW

loveabully - lovabully Central PA - CHECKED IN, ALL IS WELL

elearn - Elearn Northern NJ - CHECKED IN NOW AND IS OK

MissPennyLeu - Central PA -- CHECKED IN - IS FINE

Chunksmama - Chunksmama NJ Coast- CHECKED I NOW AND IS FINE BUT NEIGHBORHOOD NOT SO MUCH

BabyDuke - BabyDuke Philadelphia PA = CHECKED IN, ALL ARE OK

2BullyMama - PA - CHECKED IN, ALL WELL

mcraven2 -mcraven2 Boston - Checked in and is well

Speechmom53 - Atlantic City - IS SAFE AND SOUND

Last edited by a moderator:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] We are all okay here, storm has passed, no damage just some fallen branches! My guys are glad to be able to go outside to potty without being scared of the wind!!

Glad everyone else is okay!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] thank you so much! Power is back up but it is bad here... my office ( Montgomery County is in state of emergency and my brother ( Lansdale area ) has no power or heat.. they have 5 kids ..we are having them go to my moms.. My father is in Southampton area his power been out since last night and have not heard from him.. please keep everyone in your prayers..

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: all is well we lost power couple of times but everything is fine a tree down in are yard but didn't hit anything hope everyone else is fine hope you have power if not hope it comes on soon

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.