Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy Rollcall - - Please check in before, and after !

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy Rollcall - - Please check in before, and after !

Everyone here is good! We are right next to Boston (on the coast side) so the wind is CRAZY! The rain has been coming down hard all day and is still coming down hard, just saw on the news that a few thunder storms are right around the corner for us tonight! Thank god Diva finally went #1 and #2, poor thing is just so scared to be outside in this weather (can't blame her, while we were out a few good size branches flew down right next to us!!) Gio on the other hand is smart, he goes right when I take him out and he runs back to the door! We will be using the front yard to go potty later, not as many trees!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

we are good too WINDS are insane but we are one of the lucky ones that still have power..

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

An update....i think i am one of the ten ppl with power still...i know jinxed myself but now i dont care...took the boys out at 930 pm and they were in heaven..the breeze and cool weather...i just saw all the trees down. Sean came to my house after doing 15 hrs with nypd....he has no power and i have been dogsitting for him...he had to get across the closed bridges....but he needed sleep as his precinct flooded where they sleep...he said everywhere u go its just flashes in the sky...so i looked out my window and sure enough blue flashes if live wires arcing....but we r still here. All good...will be interested to see if my job is flooded because we r below ground in the city

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

My family is there in Manhattan and the Bronx @nyerathrt , on of my cousins left the apartment building because it was literally swaying!!!! My aunt and other family memebers are now without power!! They are all freaking out and all I can say is thank God for facebook because we would be going insane!! Im in Burlington Vermont and Irene was not good to us at all and the wind is blowing so hard because we are by the lake that we are for sure gonna have some trees down soon!! And the storm isnt even expected here till wednesday nite! Poor Mocha was so scared she was shaking, had to take her in the bedroom and turn the fan and tv on so she could relax! Im glad you are ok and safe!
    Last edited by LisaMarie; 10-30-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    LisaMarie

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well southern va here and we are good. had some rain and strong winds but it seems to be died down now and never lost power thank god

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Here 10 mins from Atlantic City....we are good. We did our hurricane camp out in the living room (the furthest place from any possible falling trees). Tubs likes it because he can get up on the bed since we only put out the mattress! We never lost power, but it was pretty scary there for a while. Atlantic City boardwalk is gone and the roads are covered in sand. Water Treatment Center, located in AC, was flooded, so we have to boil our water or stick to bottled water. My parents, located in the same area as us, just further in the woods, lost power and about 10 trees. They are living it up, cooking on the grill and hanging out on the porch watching the storm. We were just far enough inland to get hit, but not to have too much clean up or any of the flooding. 10 mins south of us was not lucky at all (Ocean City and Atlantic City). We hope everyone else made it through ok!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Checking in from southeast PA..... lost power a few times for a few minutes, but over all just lots of rain/water and very bad winds - house was what seemed like shaking at times around 2 AM
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Delaware checking in - we are still here ! Lost power Sunday for 1 hour, but we got it back, I dont think we have any personal damage (Just rolled out of bed though!) Baconator texted me, they are without power but are ok.

Anyword from Modernfemme ? she's upstate of me. or any others? I'll go through the rollcall once I wake up a bit

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Okay, power just came back on. We'll assess the damage in a bit but we're all alive and well here. How are you all makin' out this morning?

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon checking in no power lost some fence but everyone is safe

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

We are fine here in Central PA. Some friends reporting power outages & trees down on facebook, but we're still powered up here! It seems like it's past. We had a very windy night, and every time I woke up I expected the power to be out. It's crazy bc my family in WV has no power because of FEET of snow.

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Ok - the roll call looks like this as of 11:30AM - I've gone through the thread to gleam the information -

RaRett - Gizmo and Hershey in Delaware - CHECKED IN - ALL FINE

@ Vicaroo1000 - Vicaroo1000 Hows your daughter in Washington DC ?

Nyerathrt - Jameson, titan and Stephanie NYC -- CHECKED IN, IS FINE

[replacer_a] - ChanelnBrutus - ​CHECKED IN SHE HAS POWER NOW AND IS FINE

[replacer_a] - Sherry Central PA- CHECKED IN SHE IS FINE

ModernFemme - Northern DE - CHECKED IN IS FINE

[replacer_a]ice- NORTHERN NJ- HAS POWER NOW N CELL SERVICE AND IS OK

Cowsmom - Virginia - CHECKED IN ALL IS WELL !

Baconator - North Jersey - CHECKED IN HAS POWER NOW N BACON IS BETTER NOW

ChanelnBrutus - lovabully Central PA - CHECKED IN, ALL IS WELL

[replacer_a] - Elearn Northern NJ - CHECKED IN NOW AND IS OK

MissPennyLeu - Central PA -- CHECKED IN - IS FINE

[replacer_a] - Chunksmama NJ Coast- CHECKED I NOW AND IS FINE BUT NEIGHBORHOOD NOT SO MUCH

Sherry - BabyDuke Philadelphia PA = CHECKED IN, ALL ARE OK

2BullyMama - PA - CHECKED IN, ALL WELL

[replacer_a] -mcraven2 Boston - Checked in and is well

Speechmom53 - Atlantic City - IS SAFE AND SOUND
    Last edited by cowsmom; 11-10-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: updating list

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Remove Ads