Well I think I am a genius if no one else does, lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Problem, we have Vegas's crate underneath the far end of our bar, it is in the living room with us. (Open concept) He loves his crate and goes in on his own. Well my walls were so scratched up with big black marks from him running and diving into his crate that it was chipping the walls away.

We just got done doing wainscoting the whole kitchen with a nice chair-rail and Joe did under the bar as well, I had to think of something so it did not ding our new wainscoting or Joe wanted to move the crate to the back bedroom (NOT going to happen) Sooo on our millionth trip to Lowes I figured it out!!

It is the foam tubes that are suppose to insulate-wrap water piping, $1.50 for a 6 foot tube, we bought two and some zip ties. Cut the tube open, wrap around the top, bottom and corners of the crate that touches the wall, zip tie and Wal-lah!!!!!! Now even if he runs full speed into his crate it has bumpers!!!!

Sometimes I just have my moments! Had to share since I believe I am not the only one that has this problem. :clap2:

This is where Vegas's crate sits in our living room.
SAM_2686.jpg

SAM_2684.jpg

SAM_2683-1.jpg

SAM_2683.jpg

SAM_2681.jpg

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
The last picture is where I have the crate pulled out sideways so you could get a better view of how I did it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wow kelly you scare me sometimes your so smart. :yes: i think its a grand idea :2thumbs:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Good thinking! I'm going to try this...now if you can only come up with a solution to prevent all the gunk from the sleeping bully that SOMEHOW ends up on my walls! :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
WOW you are very good at coming up with solutions. I could use a gal like you where I work. We'll show dem der fellas :clap2:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
What a brilliant idea!!

Do you have any solutions for slobber on the floor?? That stuff doesnt dry up!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't have a problem with the crates, but if I did, that wouldn't work for me, my dogs would eat them. But great idea.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Lol was thinking that might attract Miila. Our crate isn't he middle oft believing room and the only use it gets is as a backstop for Miila when she gets zombies. This is a fabulous idea tho Kelly! I never would have known this was a problem, or thought ofit. Your walls will be happy!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Brilliant idea!

I solved a similar problem by throwing an oversized crochet afghan over both crates where they sit here in the family room. The colors match the decor and Bea and Bo both like having a "lid" on their crates. Guess it's more "den like".

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Think I would have just gotten rid of Joe... LOL

Good Job Kelly!!! ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NICE..... gonna steal this idea from you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online